FS: WW2 Ordnance Padlock Collection (22 pcs) $360

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: WW2 Ordnance Padlock Collection (22 pcs) $360

Post by AZ Jeff » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Howdy Folks,

Here's a rare chance to get an "instant" collection of Ordnance Department Padlocks...

This collection consists of 22 pieces representing 20 different locks, all of which are marked with the pre-1950 ORDNANCE DEPARTMENT "wheel" (crossed cannons + belt escutchion). While some may look the same, rest assured they are variants (as noted). Some of these are fairly common (Yale + Corbin) while others are quite scarce. Most are brass so they can be polished if you wish. If they came with keys, you're getting them.

This lot consists of the following:

Row One -- Top (left to right):

* Brass YALE (1-1/4" x 2") with Chain Ring. EXC.

* Brass YALE (1-1/4" x 2") marked AMMUNITION on the lower face. Hasp marked HARDENED and Yale and Towne MFG. Co. EXC with some dings.

* Brass YALE (1-1/4" x 1-5/8") with Chain Ring and part of chain. Hasp and ring rusty, otherwise VG+

* Brass YALE (1-1/2" x 1-1/4") marked MADE FOR (+ Ord Escutchion) and YALE, Made in U.S.A. Yale & Towne MFG. Co. Overall VG+

* Brass YALE (1-1/2" x 1-1/4") marked MADE FOR + Ord Escutchion with ORDINANCE DEPARTMENT :shock: and YALE, Made in U.S.A. Yale & Towne MFG. Co. Has Chain Ring. Overall VG+ Wonder how many of these left the factory before UNCLE noticed the typo???

* Pot Metal YALE (1-1/4" x 1-3/8") with Key marked MADE FOR + Ord Escutchion with ORDINANCE DEPARTMENT :shock: Has Chain Ring. Unusual variant factory painted O.D. Overall VG+

Row Two (left to right):

* Brass CORBIN (2" x 1-5/8") with Key marked with patent info. and graphite instructions. Probably missing a Chain Ring (if it was ever installed). Overall EXC.

* Brass CORBIN (2" x 1-5/8") with Chain Ring. Has oval Corbin logo and no graphite instructions. Overall VG+

* Brass CORBIN (1-3/8" x 1-1/2") with Chain Ring and oval Corbin logo. Overall VG+

* Brass CORBIN (1-3/8" x 1-1/2") with Key and Chain Ring. Patent info. and graphite instructions. Overall VG

* Brass CORBIN (1-3/8" x 1-1/2") with hole for Chain Ring (missing). Patent info. without graphite instructions. Overall VG+

* Brass Unmarked but identical to CORBIN (1-3/4" x 1-1/2"). with Corbin Key. Missing Chain Ring but has Pin. Overall VG with dings.

Row Three (left to right):

* Brass EAGLE (2" x 1-1/2") with Chain Ring. Has address reference. Ring and hasp rusty, otherwise VG.

* Brass EAGLE (1-1/2" x 1-3/8") missing Chain Ring. Has address reference. Overall VG+

* Brass EAGLE (1-1/2" x 1-3/8") with variant address and escutchion flame. Overall VG+

* Brass ILCO (1-5/8" x 2") with missing Chain Ring. Plenty of dings but overall G-VG.

* THREE Brass ILCO (1-1/4" x 1-1/2") -- LOCKED TOGETHER!!! Two have the Chain Ring (one missing). Overall VG+

Row Four -- bottom (left to right):

* Brass SLAYMAKER (1-1/2" x 1-1/2") with Chain Ring. SCARCE lock in my experience. Overall VG++

* Brass BEST (1-1/2" x 1-1/2") with Key. Another SCARCE lock. Overall EXC.

* Brass FRAIM (1-3/4" x 1-1/2") with missing Chain Ring. Shows dings but a very scarce lock. Overall VG.

Price reduced to $360, shipped Priority Mail in the Lower 48. Yes, on a good day you can score on these for a few bucks... over several YEARS. This price works out to less than $20 each, factor-in $5 postage on each lock if you found them on e-Bay and you'll realize this is a deal. Please PM direct if you are interested. PayPal accepted and preferred. Thanks for looking!

Jeff Q.
AZ
Last edited by AZ Jeff on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Retired
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: FS: WW2 Ordnance Padlock Collection

Post by Retired » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Jeff Q.,
A good locksmith should be able to make keys for some of the padlocks, hard to say how labor intensive it would be or the cost.

I've done some locksmithing in the past, but not on padlocks such as yours.
Lanny

RETIRED
RED, WHITE & BLUE and OLIVE DRAB TOO!
OREGON ARMY NATIONAL GUARD '58 to '66
'67 Stevens M416
MVCCO member

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: FS: WW2 Ordnance Padlock Collection

Post by AZ Jeff » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:59 am

Yep, I've had keys cut for these kinds of locks in the past. Cost me $15 each... If I invested that kind of money in this grouping I'd have to add $200+ to the price just to get my money out of it? I think I'll let the key issue up to next owner... :wink:

I've learned that collecting old locks with original keys is like collecting uniforms that fit or web gear by a certain manufacturer... either take what you can get when you're lucky enough to find it, or expect to wait a long time.

Jeff Q.
AZ

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: FS: WW2 Ordnance Padlock Collection (22 pcs) $360

Post by AZ Jeff » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 am

Price reduced to $360, postpaid -- $50 less than before.

Jeff Q.
AZ

Return to “Weapons”