Tandem Hitch - Grill Bracket

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Francisco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Tandem Hitch - Grill Bracket

Post by Francisco » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 am

Hello gents,

I've used the searched function already with no results, so I thought I'd ask here.

Could anyone please show me a picture of the grill bracket that was present on this kind of modifications?

http://www.42fordgpw.com/tandem.html

That small bracket that holds the towing hook..

Thanks in advance for any help,

Francisco

Derek Eddlestone
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Tandem Hitch - Grill Bracket

Post by Derek Eddlestone » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:41 pm

Francisco wrote:
Could anyone please show me a picture of the grill bracket that was present on this kind of modifications?

That small bracket that holds the towing hook..

Francisco
Francisco,

Here is the bracket that is part of the complete Tandem Tow Hitch that I bought in a crate many years ago.
The other two parts are the reinforcing plate that sits behind the tow hitch on the rear of the jeep, and the dash plate.

Twenty years ago I remember your government disposing of the WW11 vehicles from the army............. and there were some real bargains to be had.

Derek.

Jeff H
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Jeff H » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:33 am

Hello Francisco

You can purchase the drawing set to make one right here from Jon R. http://www.jeepdraw.com/ click on "Front Section" and look for "Tandem Hitch, W-O A-7927( Includes the Wood Block A-8105) 5 Drawing Set"

Jeff H

Pat Walker
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Pat Walker » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:03 pm

My brother inlaw made a few of these to sell at the swapmeet here next month. If you like I can ask him if they are ready. He even bought footman loops and straps from wee bee so they would be complete and the buyers would not have to hunt down the extra parts and incur extra expences in shipping.
42 GPW 82603 Matching serial Numbers
43 MB jeep salad
45 MB
45 MB
43 Bantam
45 Bantam
M101 canadian
Converto Dump

to many projects so little time
http://www.tacticalblunder.com/g503/sho ... &ppuser=62

Francisco
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Francisco » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:08 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt answers, I appreciate your help.

Those photos are exactly what I needed because I'm still not into 1:1, I'm more into 1:72 plastic models and I'm building a "railway jeep" at the moment. I found this site through google and have been reading about what the "big boys" do to their "big cars" so I can replicate it... :)

Once again, than you for your help, particularly that jeepdraw.com site that has many informative pages. They'll be very helpful when I'll start building the trailers too...

Regards,

Francisco

Gerwald Jaritz
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re:

Post by Gerwald Jaritz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 am

Hi Pat,
Thks for your offer. but today I was lucky over here in Austria. My parts supplier offered me this woodblock inclusive all relevant fixing material.
Thks again and have a nice day Gerwald your jeep buddy frm the other side of the ocean.
Pat Walker wrote:My brother inlaw made a few of these to sell at the swapmeet here next month. If you like I can ask him if they are ready. He even bought footman loops and straps from wee bee so they would be complete and the buyers would not have to hunt down the extra parts and incur extra expences in shipping.

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”