Well, we've pretty much finished the museum mule, Rod has found a few leaks we need to fix before he puts the paint on it, but nothing major. I have another restoration job that should be here in a couple of weeks, so I thought this might be a good time to take a look at the "work mule" project carcass and get a parts list working. I didn't put it in the garage because I thought it would be a quick "replace the missing wheel studs" repair.......never fails!!
Found bad king-pin bearings in the left rear knuckle, but have a spare front axle assembly that I can rob parts from. I've got the shifter controls and foot basket removed for cleaning & repair. Pulled the transmission coltrol rods and spent some time getting all the bends and kinks out and freeing up the support links.
Here's the spare knuckle, hub, and axle shaft, cleaned and ready to install tomorrow.
Here's the engine for it, again, pieces and parts that I had laying around, leftover from other projects. Note the reproduction belt guard....I'm making them if anybody needs one.
I'm trying to keep the costs down on this mule, scavaging for pieces and parts that will work. There's going to be a lot of "non-standard" parts on this mule, but I'm going to try to keep it looking military! Stay tuned for more progress!