Slowly but surely the resto rolls on!! My duck saga inside!!

Amphibious Wheeled Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

new pictures

Post by greenemachine09 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:48 am

i finally got the worst of the junk out of the duck and i will be taking more pictures as usual, until then enjoy the weather and the other new pics.
thanks,
Alan G
Alan G Greene-> U.S. Army (Kentucky National Guard)

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)
1944 Ford Dump (military)
50+ Projects and counting...

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

new pics

Post by greenemachine09 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:02 pm

look on the first post there are some new pictures! rember i am always lookin fer parts.
thanks,
Alan G

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

My Dukw

Post by greenemachine09 » Sun May 20, 2007 6:31 pm

as you can see i have been working on the exhaust manifold a piece was broken out and i wanted to repant it. the starter is in working order now and is sporting a new coat of gloss black, now i just need to find a cover for it. as you can see the dukw parts are mingled in with my dads old car/truck parts. i am still lookin fer parts!

Thanks for lookin,

AGG

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

new pictures

Post by greenemachine09 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:03 pm

there are some before and after pics and i just got the engine paint from jim carter truck parts today so it goes on next! i am always looking for duck parts!
Thanks,
Alan G

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by greenemachine09 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:18 am

This is some more stuff i got painted and me and dad power washing the duck! i just got a bunch of parts from a tour co.! but i still need a lot more!!

Image Image
Image Image

AGG

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

Eddie Holland
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Eddie Holland » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:57 am

I stumbled across a DUKW yesterday. I have had the idea of getting one and giving Lake tours on the Kentucky Lake. Darn if there wasnt one just a few miles from me. I decided to drive a different route yesterday and found it. I do not know who owns it or if it is running. It looks to be running but the thing sure isnt gonna float as there are holes in the front big enough to crawl thru. I am gonna try to track down the owner and decide what its worth and what it might cost to restore.
42 GPW 12/30/42 Matching #'s 88,638 being restored
Restoring
M-151 Ford
M-151-A1 Ford
M-151-A2 AMG restored
2 M-416 restored
restoring 2 M-100s

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

the duck

Post by greenemachine09 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:00 am

Eddie Holland good luck to you but let me tell you if the duck isnt complete than it will take a lot of heart and determination to restore it. but good luck to you if you find that its a too much of a project let me know and i might buy it!

i still need duck parts, and am still workin on resto!!!!

Thanks
AGG

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

getting thigs done

Post by greenemachine09 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:29 pm

A Summers day of moving! after about 2 hours of trimming and moving we had the truck ready to move. it was in a ditch and overgrown with poison ivy, trees you name it from where it had been sitting and the junkyard owner agreed to try to pull it out for us to make it a faster wrecker tow away! so he went and got the tow truck (a 50s ford). he came flying back into the yard and backed up to a tractor (an old allis chalmers) that was in front on the ccw and almost ran over dad b/c the owner forgot to mention that the badly missing ford didnt have any brakes. he hooked onto the frame right behind the radiator and grill. dad reminded him that when he picked the tractor up he would ruin the radiator and grill but he did it anyway and messed up the radiator and grill. he then backed up onto the tractor pushed out of the way and kept on going till he was up to the ccw hooked onto the frame on the truck and hoisted it up. by this time i was on the running board of the ccw and ready to steer it out. the owner put the truck in gear revved it up and the tires spun then backed up gave it all he had and stood the truck up! after bouncing the tow truck he told dad to hook another chain from the ccw to the tow truck so we did the owner gave it all he had again and after a few seconds on air time and spinning we were off like a bat of hell!! after unhooking from the tow truck we tied the ccw's windsheild down and gathered any parts that fell off. then the next day dad went and picked the ccw up with another wrecker man!!! i need still more duck parts!!!

Image Image

Thanks for reading,
AGG

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Old duck moving pictures

Post by greenemachine09 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Here are are pictures from the moving of the duck from its old home in the woods to its new one in a concrete building and one on me sitting in down after a long day of trying to move the duck in!!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

not much has happened since i last reported (football is all i have time for right now). but i am still looking for parts and tomorrow will get some more. if you have contacted me about parts please send me another email!!

Thanks
Alan Greene

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

lowbonnet
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by lowbonnet » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:58 am

Man !! I don't know how you get involved in the hobby at 15 years old!!! I wish I could turn back time... I am 35 and am a proud owner of a GPW.
I remember, being a kid, seeing a movie or serie on tv where a couple of kids were stucked in some kind of forrest in Australia or pacific. One group of kids found an amphibian truck (a DUKW) and they painted a large mouth with teeth on the front and they drove through the forrest and scared the hell out of the local bushmen... which they thought it was some kind of monster/dragon.

I have no clue what kind of movie/serie it was, but it was for sure a movie for children. Maybe somebody here remembers it... I think it was broadcast in the early 80's.

Keep up the good work... the DUKW is one of my favorites. Maybe you can make a list of special DUKW parts you need. We have several large dealers in Holland who might have lots of parts for the DUKW too...
June 1942 Ford GPW (script)
Transportation Equipment Co. T1, 1/4 ton trailer

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

my dukw

Post by greenemachine09 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:27 pm

its hard to concentrate on the duck with all my other stuff (football and track in specific). but i try to do anything that i can even if its small things its something!!! the pictures that i put on this post are of a prop that i found at an antique show its not exact but pretty close, and the other picture is of some parts that i bought from Joe Seawack ( on the forum: 45DUKW)!! Thanks again Joe!! and remember folks if ur in ky or close i need parts!!!

Image Image
Image Image

Thanks for reading,
Alan Greene

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

my dukw

Post by greenemachine09 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:14 pm

srry i havent been puttin up any updates but i ve been really busy with everything!! the duck is pretty well complete (enough parts to get her rollin)!! this week is my spring break and im goin on another parts run but if you know anything goin on in the michigan area please let me know!!

Thanks
Alan Greene

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

greenemachine09
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

parts run

Post by greenemachine09 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:44 pm

I went on a parts run and just got back i got a radiator and a fan shroud!! I will get pics up tomorrow!!

Thanks Again Rob!!

AGG

1944 DUKW 6x6
1943 CCW 6x4 (FS)

45DUKW
U.S.N. SEEBEE
Radiator

Post by 45DUKW » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:05 am

Hi Alan, Joe in Connecticut, did you ever get that winch from Massachuesetts? My DUKW's coming along, I just had the radiator repaired and am working on the engine compartment. I'll send some pictures. I'll be delivering some parts to Wisconsin in June. No surprise there huh. Joe
61 CJ5
45 DUKW

dukw guy
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by dukw guy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:02 am

Alan, you are making great progress and if you ever need parts or info please do not hesitate to call.

Rob

Return to “Amphibian, DUKW, GPA and other wheeled amphibian”