Fuel Gauge to Sender Wire Route

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.

Moderator: Moderator

Fuel Gauge to Sender Wire Route

Postby Sonora Man » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:54 pm

Can someone give me a pic or link that shows the routing for the fuel gauge to sender wire?

Thanks in advance, Erik
'44 MB
Sonora Man
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Postby Oilleaker1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:21 pm

No picture, but is very simple, from drivers side of fuel gauge go left over the light switch and down to the hole in your left front gusset in side panel. From here back along the rail underneath and through the split in the top of the vertical reinforceing panel at the bend . The wire should be insulated all the way to the sender. Once through the split, it simply bends down and rests on the top of the tank going over to the sender. I ran a ground wire from the sender mounting screws to one of the three tin seat shield bolts behind the seat. The other side of the fuel gauge goes down to one of the two breakers. Hope this helps :D
Automotive Archeology
Oilleaker1
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sonora Man » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:55 am

Oilleaker1
Thanks for the reply. Your description seems pretty clear. I'll give it a try this week.

Erik
'44 MB
Sonora Man

Return to MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base