F/S Artillery Powder Storage Magazine

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
dwing
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
F/S Artillery Powder Storage Magazine

Post by dwing » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 am

For those that are shooting large caliber guns, storage of the powder is an issue as its considered a low explosive by ATF. I have ended up with an extra magazine after I upgraded to a larger one. This is a TYPE II outdoor commercial magazine. It can store either low or high explosives for those with a federal explosives license. The process is fairly easy to apply. The only real issue in obtaining a FEL is having land available to place a magazine on and the magazine itself. This type II is for sale for $6,500 and can be loaded in Amarillo, TX. I can load it with a fork lift onto a commercial carrier if someone is interested. dustin.wing@napaphq.com

FYI, the 0.4 pounds limit stenciled on the inside of the door is from a prior location. that is not the maximum limit for the container. the limit on the container is the internal dimensions of what can physically be put inside and the restriction of the table of distances as outlined by ATF.
Attachments
magazine other side.JPG
magazine other side.JPG (94.7 KiB) Viewed 408 times
magazine name tag.JPG
magazine name tag.JPG (126.67 KiB) Viewed 408 times
magazine door.JPG
magazine door.JPG (77.76 KiB) Viewed 408 times
magazine door open.JPG
magazine door open.JPG (86.56 KiB) Viewed 408 times
If your gun doesn't leak oil, it's time for a bigger gun.

m3bobby
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: F/S Artillery Powder Storage Magazine

Post by m3bobby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 am

This is identical to the explosive locker I use when we operate out of NAWS China Lake. I didn’t realise it was a commercial item.
Ford GPW 6008, in slow process of restoration.

Return to “Weapons”