FS: RARE Parachute Test Platoon Group Photo

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: RARE Parachute Test Platoon Group Photo

Post by AZ Jeff » Fri May 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Here's a very cool piece for your consideration...

The picture caption says it all... This is the very first volunteer Airborne "Test" Platoon c. 1940 and you will recognize several of the names from Devlin's classic WW2 airborne work Paratrooper! -- pages 48-77 (The Test Platoon chapter). I noted that several names were misspelled as well! This is a wonderful 10.5" x 13.5" matt vintage photograph printed on thin card stock and loosely mounted to another piece of thin cardboard. It does not flouresc under UV light. I was told that it was taken to reunions years ago where several members added their signatures to their name. Lower right has an inscription from the collector who gathered the signatures.

This is an extremely scarce image. I've had original Test Platoon snap shots in the past but this is the first one of these I've seen let alone owned. Great piece for the serious airborne collector.

$200, postpaid Priority Mail in the Lower 48. Please PM direct if you are interested. Thanks for looking!

Jeff Q.
AZ

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: FS: RARE Parachute Test Platoon Group Photo

Post by AZ Jeff » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:55 am

BTT

Jeff Q.
AZ

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General