42 Cadillac staff car for sale

Ford, Plymouth, Dodge - Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
uglydukwling
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
42 Cadillac staff car for sale

Post by uglydukwling » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:26 am

Your chance to ride like a general.

I have a 42 Cadillac 60 special 4-door for sale (a real '42, not the usual '47 masquerading as a '42). It comes with a '47 4-door parts car. It's definitely a project, and you'll need both cars to make one. A previous owner spent $7500 to have the engine and transmission in the '47 rebuilt, and died before he could restore it. (I suspect that's what will happen to me, too). The car hasn't been driven since. The nice thing about a '42, apart from being an authentic WW II-era car, is that you can paint the chrome and save thousands in restoration cost. I have titles for both cars.

I'm open to offers, and I think they should be worth at least half the cost of the engine job.

They're located in southwestern Ontario. In US terms, about an hour east of Detroit. I can help load them, but can't deliver them (unless you're really close).

TopKick
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: 42 Cadillac staff car for sale

Post by TopKick » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:46 am

It's hard to picture this if no photos are supplied. What is the asking price? From what you stated I am guesing you are wanting about $3,750.00?
"Keep 'Em Rolling"
TopKick

"Until it's melted down and turned into something else, or blown to Smitherines, it's restorable"!

uglydukwling
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Re: 42 Cadillac staff car for sale

Post by uglydukwling » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:28 am

They're in a rather tightly-packed shed, so it's difficult to get pictures, but I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, try Googling 1947 Cadillac sedan. There should be plenty of pictures. Just imagine the cars in rougher shape.

Yes, I suppose I'd take $3750. That would be a good price even if you just wanted the engines & transmissions for another project (Stuart?) Btw, if anyone is thinking of parting them out, somebody put 3 Eldorado turbine wheels on the '47. They're supposed to be worth something ridiculous.

Return to “Staff Car”