WARBABY: get 'em while they're hot

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

ArmySailor
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: WARBABY: get 'em while they're hot

Post by ArmySailor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:25 am

I've written my accolades for this book in other places but may as well add them here too. It's simply a magnificent book and is sorely needed to fill in many of the blanks on the Bantam side of the story. Those of us who have debated Bill Spear on these pages know he exercised remarkable restraint in keeping the book from going over the top. That's very much to his credit. Warbaby deserves to sell well and I'm glad it will be on shelves now as a reference for future jeep scholars.
Jim Allen

Keeping the Good 'Ol Days of Four Wheeling Alive

DavidA
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class

Post by DavidA » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Bill,

Just received my Warbaby. I must say, this book has been done with quality in mind and the information within along with the eye candy photos, well I just cannot wait to delve into it.

Thanks Bill for doing all the research, fantastic design work and ultimately having set the record straight on this historic story of Bantam. You have certainly done yourself proud.

Now to build a stand to hold this thing up while I read it. Man is it heavy! :lol:

Thanks! Dave A
David Aro - USN SEABEES '66-'70
1941 WILLYS MB-104354
1942 WILLYS MB-131350

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys...and especially to Jim who reminds me that my initial entry into this topic many years ago has left a trail of kind of kind of embarrassing, or at least sem- inconsistent, archival notes here on the Gee...but also reminds me how important this blog is to serious jeep thinkers. Many thanks to Ron for all he has done for the greater community. Honestly, I couldn't have gotten a start with out the many contributors here. I made some mistakes, and I am sure there will be some details that fall away over the years in WARBABY too...I hope so any way! How else do we learn?

All that said, I want to put you on notice that th 60$ "Introductory" price will be falling away pretty quckly here and the orignal budgeted 75$ flap price will take over because as distribution spreads out to retalers, I can't be undercutting other retailers. The early price was justified on us basically spending most of out day fulfilling orders and hauling them to the mailbox every day "for free"...(for future book writers, you will learn that distribution alone, not even considering marketing, is a major expense.) anyway, no solid dat , but in a week or two lets say...as soon as I can figure out how to modify th web page!

For UK people ..and Europe...things are still expensive, but considerably improved a bit too as we have a supply of books over there now thanks to a G/BRC guy over there...

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 pm

Good news for UK and Euopean buyers who have wanted a cooy of WARBABY but are justifiably put off by the price of shipping...thanks to one of our number here on the G, and a BRC guy too...people in the UK and Europe can get a copy as cheap, or almost as cheap as US buyers. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE. We will continue to honor the intoductory price thanks to Joes Motor Pool's willingness to ship for us. So 60$US plus local postage from Bristol...for UK people that is abiut 10£...other parts of Europe, you know better than I, but, 20 or 30 dependig where you are...the supply is limited...so, don't hesitate. If you, or someone you know is going to want this book, and you will, act now.

That said..thanks for any of you willing to say something nice on Amazon. So far, people have been very generous in their remarks, but, you can never have enough stars ...

If anyone has connections with publications I really need reviews. When people know about it they buy it. when they don't they don't ..very simple. Book marketing 101. This book could have never been published, or published completley and honestly by the traditional methods. Self publishing has been solved..but, self marketing, not so much. Thanks to all for their efforts thus far. Everything is meeting expectations. Like my plan to live forever, so far, so good. :twisted:

https://www.amazon.com/WARBABY-William- ... liam+spear

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:41 am

Finally getting a little mainstream "ink" with this piece on the Hemmings Motor News blog. Whether they will go further and review the book in the print version no doubt depends on what kind if interest the entry draws, so, it would be really great if some of you 503 ers weighed in with background comments where appropriate...You will be surprised as I always am at how much interest there is in the general auto crowd, but how little information, or wrong information they have about the jeeps. Thanks for any help.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/03/1 ... t-10310411

James Hybicki
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by James Hybicki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:12 pm

WARBABY.

Fantastic book, great read, 3rd day and I'm 2/3 of the way through.

Photo sets are truly worth the price and the step by step history lets you inside the developers thoughts.

Makes me want a Bantam besides the lonely bt3c trailer out back.

Hybicki
Jim Hybicki
3655 S. Racine Ave.
New Berlin, WI 53146
262-232-3983
jameshybicki@aol.com
MVPA 44 Year #632
MMVA 38 Year #103

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”