M38A1 Disc Brake Conversion Complete

1950 - 1968, M38, M38A1, M170, modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods.
Raymond S. Meldrum
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
M38A1 Disc Brake Conversion Complete

Post by Raymond S. Meldrum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:09 am

Hope you all can check this out.

My legs are paralyzed below my knees and operating my jeeps has become difficult in the past few years. For this reason I am making a few mods to help me stay in the drives seat a little longer.

Here is a short video of my m38A1 Disc Brake conversion advised and provided by Outlier. Installation was not to expensive (Under $200/axle) and was done in a few hours since I had accumulated all the parts previously. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=14 ... =2&theater

Jeep stops real quick and solid and straight. The vid show a little swerving only due to it being stopped on half paved and half gravel surface.

I'm digging this! No more brake adjusting or leaky wheel cylinders in my future!

My next project, which is turning out to be very simple, is to add a HUMVE starter switch and a 24 volt gear reduction starter motor to eliminate the need to push the starter pedal to fire the engine.

If you have any questions about the disc brake mod check out the MB/GPW mods tab on this forum.

Peace
Raymond S. Meldrum
Owner-American Patrol; Cap and Canvas Company
West Jordan, Utah 84084
E-Mail; apcogear@msn.com

Return to “M38, M38a1 Modifications”