2A front floor replacement

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, modifications, sugestions, and ideas
JeeperJim
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

2A front floor replacement

Post by JeeperJim » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:39 am

I have found a 2A body that has both left and right floors gone and 1/3 of the right side floor riser. The sides are good or will be blasting and so is the rear floor except for the hat channels which I would want to replace anyway due to the wood insterts still being there.
What I would like to know is if anyone has changed out the whole front floor as an assembly and how it went during the repair and how it looks now.
I understand that at least one vendor has the front floor with hat channels as an assembly and if anone can recommend a vendor for this.
It may be best for a PM or e-mail reply for the vendor name as I do not want to offend any who may participate in these forums.
2nd question; I would assume that it would be best to use the weld-through primer on the hat channels and the under side of the floor where they are replaced
since the ends are not accessable for corrosion prevention after installation.

Thanks so much, Jim

jeeperjim@cox.net
or jimm1009@yahoo.com
JeeperJim

sidscj
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: 2A front floor replacement

Post by sidscj » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:26 am

I used an aftermarket complete front floor section when I redid my '56 CJ5. As I got it in a swap, I really didn't have alot invested in it. I WOULD NOT use one again though. Last time I checked they were like $300 plus truck freight. For that you'll get: junk primer that must be removed completely, poor, sloppy, missing welds, Possibility of still having wood in the channels (mine did, but it was a few years ago), overall width too narrow so you may have to section it wider, inability to use your original trans/tunnel cover as the bolt holes don't match up. Toe board angle was wrong too. If I were to do it over, I'd source panels from Classic Enterprises. HTH.
'56 Willys CJ-5

Return to “CJ's Modifications”