For Sale WWII P-47 Propeller Blade

and other stuff up in the air
Rott51
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

For Sale WWII P-47 Propeller Blade

Post by Rott51 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:38 pm

This original WWII blade was manufactured by Curtis Electric Propeller and is from the P-47. This is the initial blade used on the P-47 up to the model P-47D-22-RE which I think went into production mid to late 1943. These early blades had a narrow, pointed tip, and the later style was a paddleboard shaped, more rounded tip. They also started using the Hamilton Standard paddle shaped propeller when they switched to the Curtis paddle shape. It weighs about 110 lbs and is approximately 6' 7" long. Someone made the three legged stand to enable the blade to stand upright. They wrap around the propeller and are not actually attached to it, so the prop was not altered in any way. Rarely do original WWII prop blades come up for sale, let alone in this condition. Asking $1200.00 OBO plus shipping. The blade is located in Northeast Ohio. Thanks, Ron

herkdriver
G-Civilian
Re: For Sale WWII P-47 Propeller Blade

Post by herkdriver » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:30 am

Rott51,

A long shot here, but is this propeller blade available for sale? I am memorializing my squadron's conference to our first commander from WWII and I think this prop would be a nice touch. please let me know. My e-mail is timmer314@aol.com or timothy.lendrum@us.af.mil, cheers and thanks for the help.

-Tim

Return to “Warbirds - Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base”