WTB MB Windshield frame assembly

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW, Wanted jeeps or parts... list your needs.
7777kx
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

WTB MB Windshield frame assembly

Post by 7777kx » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Hello Guys, i have a Jan 42 Willys and i am looking to buy an original Windshield frame assembly for the Jeep. It came with the early short version which is not correct for my chassis number. I am happy to sell this shorter early version once i have located a correct taller later one.
Am in the UK, but ship from the States nearly ever month through my friends restoration shop, which is located in Souderton, PA18964.
All messages answered, thank you
Alan

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: WTB MB Windshield frame assembly

Post by Chuck Lutz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:15 am

Alan....around here there is a premium for the shorter "slat grill" windshield over the standard height WWII one! You should be able to trade for a taller one and still get something else tossed in as "boot".

I'm in CA so it's a bit pricey to send one to the UK....but I think the slat grill guys in Europe will be interested!
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

7777kx
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by 7777kx » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello Chuck, thank you for your message. I would really like my short screen unit to go back onto an original car and i suspect its real home is back in the States with you guys. I have a restoration shop here in the UK, where i have restoring original Shelbys for the last twenty years, so ship backwards and forward to/from the US all the time.
If you see an original taller frame assembly, in great shape and seriously looking to buy one please let me know.
Thanks again Alan

Phil Pizzi
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Phil Pizzi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Phil Pizzi
Cmsgt USAF (ret)
1942 Script GPW S/N 9552

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Alan with the Euro value so high for years against the dollar....many jeeps have made the trip over the Pond. Included among them were plenty of slat grills and I'm positive that some owner with the later windshield will be happy to deliver one to your door in trade for that one.

Maybe ring up a couple of the jeep shops in the UK and see if anyone has inquired about the short one....don't swap for a repop but unless yours is a total piece of JUNK, a trade should bring a premium to you in the form of a restored late one with glass and one that measures properly so no additional torching and bending is needed to fit a top on it correctly is needed.

Shipping one of them each way eats up too much beer money anyway...
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Return to “MB GPW Wanted”