fuel pump kit on A5 mule

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
markrdje
USMC Sergeant
USMC Sergeant
fuel pump kit on A5 mule

Post by markrdje » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 am

Ok, the bottom rubber gasket on under fuel pump is wet with gas, it is an AC fuel pump, supposedly I can put the kit in pump without removing the pump.The one screw on top cover I can't remove because it hits the carburetor.The screw has to come out?
Hope someone can help me out.Maybe it has wrong carburetor in it, all I can read is Till...
Thanks
change user name to mark

Grummanflyer
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: fuel pump kit on A5 mule

Post by Grummanflyer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm

You have a Tillotson carburetor. Call John Emery at Emery Mule Supply (262-567-5605). He can fix you right up. There are a few different fuel pumps but he will know what you need. You might consider going to an electric pump if you have electric start. It will get rid of the problem of the pump failing and leaking gas into the crankcase. John is a super nice guy to talk to and very knowledgeable.

GF
I have guns.
You don't want me to have guns.
I won't give you my guns.
YOUR MOVE!

muleman7
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: fuel pump kit on A5 mule

Post by muleman7 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:55 pm

You have the correct Carb. You need to push the rubber connectors clear of the intake manifold and move the carb back to clear the fuel pump screw. Check that the top gasket and top is aligned with the pin on the body if not this could cause leakage. Check that the mating surfaces on the body and base are clear of burs, cracks and nicks these could cause leakage. Use Loctite Thread Sealant 545 on the brass connection threads and Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket #3 on the surfaces contacting the upper gasket and diaphragm. This pump is easy to rebuild because you do not have to remove the base.
Mules are my passion
www.m274armymules.com

Return to “Mule M274”