Museum looking for a Mule donation

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
Mike47
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Museum looking for a Mule donation

Post by Mike47 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm

I recently visited the "Museum of the Forgotten Warriors & Library Center" in Marysville, CA, on the recommendation of folks at the recent Camp Gridley meet in Northern California, put on by the Northern Recon Group of MVCC. What I found was an incredible collection of military memorabilia spanning WW I, WW II, Korean Conflict, Vietnam War and Desert Storm. The owner and curator, Dann Spear, is looking for a donation of an M274 without motor, and he's not too particular about condition. This is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt charity, so a donation would most likely be tax deductible. I have no connection to this organization, other than visiting it once. Dann Spear can be contacted at (530) 742-3090. The museum is located at 5865 "A" Road, Marysville, CA 95901, just southwest of Beale AFB.

Mike47
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Re: Museum looking for a Mule donation

Post by Mike47 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Found out the Museum's director, Dann Spear, passed away February 23, 2018. The museum is still very active (supported exclusively by volunteers) and can be viewed at www.museumoftheforgottenwarriors.org . From the pictures it looks like they do not have an M274 Mule in the collection yet. What they DO have is astonishing, and worth a look on line. You can see just about everything by browsing the website.

Once again, I have no connection to the museum other than one visit.

Return to “Mule M274”