M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
savagebrother
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Re: My new mule is also my first mule

Post by savagebrother » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:55 pm

dogtags wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:58 am
On Tuesday, September 5, 2017, Ken Spencer from MV Parts Store and I took at little trip to Door County, Wisconsin and we brought home this little gem.

It's a Willys M274A0. Still has the original 4-cyl Willys engine with 144 hours on the meter.

I took off the fuel tank before I decided I should take some "as found" photos. You can see it in the photo where it's on the trailer.

Previous owner moved the right side exhaust so he could add an alternator/starter.

The deck needs a bit of work. Here's the holes for the seat back.

Driver's side registration numbers as found. With a little sanding and patientce, I came up with this...

Looks like 235045. What do you think? Chuck W. is this a valid USMC registration number? If so, do you have any info on it?

John Emery is about 2 hours south of me. I hope to be hauling it down there soon for him to evaluate. When I do, I'm sure I will come back with a lighter wallet and a buch of parts to get it going.

~Robert

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: My new mule is also my first mule

Post by Chuck W. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 am

Was there some reason to re-post the original post with no comments? I see this done a lot and I don't understand why.

Return to “Mule M274”