mule on e pay

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
old man
Sergeant Major of the Gee

mule on e pay

Post by old man » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:18 pm

mule on epay with a missile! http://www.ebay.com/itm/M274-A4-MILITAR ... 2034208029
I would be afraid to drive something like this. looks like it is just asking to be rolled over. I would like the missile for my jammer bomb lift. oh and I didn't even look the mule over very close.

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel
Re: mule on e pay

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Steve, ya ought to make him an offer for the missile. Anyone who would buy his mule probably doesn't want that 'accessory'. He could make a few more bucks, and sell his mule to boot

muleman7
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by muleman7 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 am

The Mule is clean and straight it is a M274-A3 with a retrofit conversion as indicated by the front/rear bed spacers, rear bed support tube and engine guard extensions. the rear cage is correct for the M274 minus the expanded metal removed for the hitch. All the bed door cover plates are correct. The mounting of the battery box to the frame tube is interesting but the re-drilling of the foot basket clip is a puzzlement unless the battery is removed from the side. The handrails look new but the interior mounts do not have the aluminum spacer plates. No tow bar. It has the correct steering column, trunnion blocks and greasable front tie rod ends. New Wallace Wade tires and the data plate could be from the retrofit kit can not tell if it is the A3 or A4. Good looking gas tank and it has the correct fuel cap assy without the ears.
Last edited by muleman7 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mules are my passion
www.m274armymules.com

Lance-W

Post by Lance-W » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:13 am

Did you guys all miss the elephant????????

I think having that in Kommiefornia might get you all the wrong kind of attention............especially since it sounds like it actually launches on propane :o :o :o

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:18 am

Another thought, you might contact the seller as he has his phone # on the listing and if he does sell the mule, you could ask him to give the buyer your contact information just in case the buyer isn't interested in the missile. (I bought some generator fuel tanks that way gov surplus from another buyer).

If his reserve isn't met, you could make the mule seller an offer for the rocket alone before he relists it. Sometimes I contact the seller to see if he has any more of the item (rocket), or does he know where to get one. I have been pleasantly surprised at some connections I have made that way.

sergeant diessel
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by sergeant diessel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Reminds me of a bottle rocket on a hotwheel

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am

Found this 'bomb' on epay, looks like they were made from portable air tanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WWII-m1 ... SwB-1Yq1cz

GUNNUT in Iowa

Post by GUNNUT in Iowa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:07 am

Auto Shop teacher wrote:Found this 'bomb' on epay, looks like they were made from portable air tanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WWII-m1 ... SwB-1Yq1cz
Well . . . They have been "modified" just a little bit. :roll:

The one in my collection.
1968 M274 A5 Mule
1945 Willys MB

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Chuck W. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:07 am

Steve, I first thought that was a mule on the left! This is the same jammer you have? Surely we can find a bomb for it!

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:23 am

My brother in law lives out in Tonopah Nev, (not the end of the earth, but you can see it from there) and there is an old WW2 Army Air Corps B24 base, and there are still many 500# , and 100# concrete practice 'bombs' laying around in surprisingly good shape for over 70 years. I can hardly imagine the damage something like that would do to you car or house getting one of those things dropped on you.
Last edited by Auto Shop teacher on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

old man

Post by old man » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:54 pm

chuck, yes that is the same as my jammer. less the small roller on top of the loading plate. hard part for finding part sis they are still in service.
the long thin one just would not work on the loader and better than on a mule. I did hear from the owner, the are a lp fired short range unit.

there isn't much for military stuff up here in Minnesota! It has been so nice I wanted to get the mule out and get it cleaned up for the summer. it was 65 and sunny today, blizzard coming in late tomorrow they are saying 18 to 24 inches.

thanks for all the response's keep them coming

Grizzly_Bear_69
G-Civilian

Post by Grizzly_Bear_69 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:31 pm

old man wrote:mule on epay with a missile! http://www.ebay.com/itm/M274-A4-MILITAR ... 2034208029
I would be afraid to drive something like this. looks like it is just asking to be rolled over. I would like the missile for my jammer bomb lift. oh and I didn't even look the mule over very close.
This is still listed on Craigslist. The Craigslist price is $7500...

https://columbus.craigslist.org/snw/5989440741.html

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Got just the 'accessory for yer truck'....http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIM-9-Sidewinde ... OSw9N1VzBj~

Return to “Mule M274”