Any word from our Knob Creek Machine gun shoot mule owners?

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel
Any word from our Knob Creek Machine gun shoot mule owners?

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Or are their ears still ringing too much to post..... :lol:

I hope they had a great time and took LOTS of photos.

tbied2
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Any word from our Knob Creek Machine gun shoot mule owne

Post by tbied2 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Well;;... it was a little wet and muddy. However,.. i was really busy and had a good time. a few pics,... that blue tarp looked kinda screwy,, but it worked pretty good,,,...

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks for the photos, gotta ask, is that mini gun functional? What are those cylinders for? Did you get any closeups of that mule? It appears that the white unit to the right of the seat is some sort of console that has all the electrical switches and controls. Was that chain on the steering column used for theft prevention?

Love your surrey, looks ghetto, but kept the rain off which is the goal. :wink: Did you make that frame beforehand, or cobble it together at the meet? Just how much rain did you guys run into, and how much did it affect the crowds?

GUNNUT in Iowa
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by GUNNUT in Iowa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:37 am

Auto Shop teacher wrote:Thanks for the photos, gotta ask, is that mini gun functional? What are those cylinders for? Did you get any closeups of that mule? It appears that the white unit to the right of the seat is some sort of console that has all the electrical switches and controls. Was that chain on the steering column used for theft prevention?

Love your surrey, looks ghetto, but kept the rain off which is the goal. :wink: Did you make that frame beforehand, or cobble it together at the meet? Just how much rain did you guys run into, and how much did it affect the crowds?

That is a bunch of questions! :lol:

- and I would love to read the answers, also.

Thanks!
1968 M274 A5 Mule
1945 Willys MB

old man

Post by old man » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:15 am

well our stay was short, and not many photos, and not one of the mules. the good I did get to meet a few of the guys from the board but not much chance to visit with them. it rained pretty good on Friday when we showed up. the photo pretty well tells what we ran into. I did get to meet a few of the mule guys. and see their mules. but I ran into a problem, our RV was leaking, the ground was ok but to wet for my wife's liking and she did not like the guns firing. So we left the same night. headed down to Huntsville AL. I picked up another mule A5 TOW mule. I was very happy to meet the mule people from down that way. Chuck was there and a few other mule people and of course Phil and his wife. You talk about southern hospitality! they were fantastic. Again we did not get visit more than a few hours and it was off to our next stop. The good about the trip . even tho the visit was short I did get to meet a number of mule people. The bad Rain, 5 days of heavy rain. and the state roads and bridges in Kentucky, they took a few years off my life. and the worst part is I did not get any photos of all those that I did get to meet.
Oh yes a side note...... You sure could tell this Yankee down south. I was sweating like a butcher and they were not sweating at all.
Thanks to Trent,Terrill,capt.max,phil, chuck and the other mule people it was great meeting you.
From one soggy yankee
old man
oh yes another note if you go to KCR don't take the wife along.......LOL
Attachments
IMG_1359a.jpg
rain
IMG_1359a.jpg (68.84 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:43 am

Sounds like you were almost gonna need some water wings for the mules and Mae Wests for the driver. Please send some of that rain out here to Calif. We have almost forgotten what that stuff looks like.

tga
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by tga » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:25 pm

It was definatly a wet one this fall. Took my mule for the first time, my two sons ran it all weekend and had a blast! It was nice meeting Old Man, and got to chat with some other mulers. Too bad Old Man didn't get to stick around for the show and night shoot, but that will be a good excuse to come back next spring! I got a few pics of the other mules running around. There is always interesting things there that you just don't see anywhere else. They even had a WWII tank there taking a few practice shots.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.24 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (130.55 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (154.38 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.62 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (163.05 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (125.66 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (128.86 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:59 pm

I LIKE your toys, looks like tbied2's 'dry ride' mule was popular with that roof he cobbled together. Are those your two boys in the last photo?

tga
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by tga » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Yep, that's them in the last pic. They ran the mule all weekend with no problems.

Return to “Mule M274”