iola vintage military show-mules

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
old man
Sergeant Major of the Gee

iola vintage military show-mules

Post by old man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 am

The show was a lot of fun but we had to leave on Sat. after being there I would sure like to have stayed for the full week end. I'm sure there are others from the board that were there. I know I seen a license plate with the same call name as what he has here. just never had a chance to figure who he was. 16 or 17 mules if you count the very small one in the photo. and more showed up Sat. morning. I have to resize the other photos so I can post them. I can only tell you who 2 of the drivers are. that would be John Emery (2nd from left pinkish t shirt, and myself 3rd from right in green t-shirt.
Attachments
003a.jpg
waiting for photo on friday
003a.jpg (93.78 KiB) Viewed 654 times
mule group photo.jpg
mule group photo.jpg (196.48 KiB) Viewed 657 times

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel
Re: iola vintage military show-mules

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:44 am

I'm on mule overload, never seen even half that many together in one place before. Thanks for sharing the photos, any neat mods that you noticed?

progun3400
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by progun3400 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 am

Looks like fun, thanks for sharing..........

tkress
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by tkress » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Any four cylinders?

GUNNUT in Iowa

Post by GUNNUT in Iowa » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:51 pm

old man wrote:
snip. . .
I know I seen a license plate with the same call name as what he has here. just never had a chance to figure who he was.

. . . snip

Blue Dodge Caravan with Iowa plates "GUN NUT" perhaps?

:D
1968 M274 A5 Mule
1945 Willys MB

old man

Post by old man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Yes sir we stayed at the same hotel in stevens point. I noticed your plate at 3:30 in the morning or at least I think it was 3:30 when I had to take the dog out for a potty break.
All he wanted to do is go after the deer. 5 of them in the clearing by the parking lot.
Now tell me talked and I will really wonder. I guess I was the only one with a for sale sign on a mule.
did you have your mule there? in the group photo?

old man

Post by old man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:03 pm

more mule photos from Iola wisc.
Attachments
039a.jpg
039a.jpg (85.67 KiB) Viewed 587 times
038a.jpg
038a.jpg (111.36 KiB) Viewed 589 times
034a.jpg
034a.jpg (125.52 KiB) Viewed 587 times
033a.jpg
033a.jpg (128.78 KiB) Viewed 586 times
032a.jpg
032a.jpg (117.77 KiB) Viewed 588 times

GUNNUT in Iowa

Post by GUNNUT in Iowa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:59 am

old man wrote:Yes sir we stayed at the same hotel in stevens point. I noticed your plate at 3:30 in the morning or at least I think it was 3:30 when I had to take the dog out for a potty break.
All he wanted to do is go after the deer. 5 of them in the clearing by the parking lot.
Now tell me talked and I will really wonder. I guess I was the only one with a for sale sign on a mule.
did you have your mule there? in the group photo?
We arrived at the motel around 5:30 or so and left at around 7:30. We took our breakfast back to the room, so it is unlikely we saw each other.

We might have seen each other at the show. In fact, my wife kept asking me "Who was that?" - like I should know who I was just talking to! :lol: Hey! I was just "visiting". I don't know who it was.

I had my "US Army - Retired" ball cap on during the show and was carrying my "gun show bag". I did not bring my Mule. It was the first time we had ever been to the show and I did not know what to expect. In hindsight, I probably would not bring the Mule. It will be a great distance to pull the trailer. I did have a shopping list for Mule parts, but did not find a single part I needed - uh, wanted.

My wife and I agreed to try and count the Mules at the show, but eventually we gave up. One minute it would be sitting somewhere and the next it might be driving around. I would have been pretty hard to remember which had been counted and which had not. I thought I would take a photo of each one during the "parade", but was quite surprised - and disappointed - with the lack of vehicles in the "parade". I thought everyone that had a military vehicle at the show would have it in the "parade". Oh well, at least I did get a photo of every vehicle that did drive by me.
1968 M274 A5 Mule
1945 Willys MB

old man

Post by old man » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 am

This was the first time I had been to this show and the first show my wife has ever been to. It was a long pull taking the mule, something like 350 miles for us.
My wife said the same thing when I was talking with people, who is that. My answer was I don't know but it was fun talking with them. And after I put the for sale sign up, almost everyone was stopping and talking so it did get out of hand. I wanted to visit more with John Emery - and talk mules than I did but things didn't work out. after talking with him,I have a few parts I plan on ordering from John again. The only mule items I found where a gun mount that was an original to fit the lower frame mount. but it was way out of my price range.
I did not make it into the buildings and check things out, just way to many people stuffed in there. If we would go again I would be there Friday for vendor set up day. By mid day most of them were set up and it was not open to the public yet.
I would go again but now that I have been there, I would do it a bit different.

OH yes we had breakfast at the show, my wife wanted to know what S.O,S breakfast was, Oh I never laughed so hard in a long time, she said now she knows how it got it's name, I thought it was some of the better S.O.S. I have ever had.

Return to “Mule M274”