Mule Newbie

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
minimadgav
G-Private
G-Private
Mule Newbie

Post by minimadgav » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:30 pm

I have recently purchased my A5 Mule in the UK and intend to restore it to its former glory ready for the War & Peace show in July. Im after some spares to make my Mule 100%.

Parts needed are:
Engine guard
Steering access hatch
Side and rear rails
Lifting handles
Data plates

Im also hoping to add a passenger seat & basket if i can source them.

Can anyone suggest a supplier either in the UK or a US supplier that could ship these into the UK?

Anyones help or suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks!

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: Mule Newbie

Post by Chuck W. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:50 am

A5's were 2-wheel steer and did not have the steering access hatch in the deck. Is your deck magnesium or aluminum? Need to make sure what model you have before you order data plates. John Emery has rails and data plates. Engine guards are almost impossible to find now, along with the steering covers, can't remember when I saw one last. You might want to look at the passenger's seat foot basket that MMA offers.

minimadgav
G-Private
G-Private

Post by minimadgav » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Thanks for your input. Has certainly opened my eyes! Its definitely a two wheel steer model but looks like some items have been removed as there are studs in the rear axle where the rear steering arm sits. I have an electric start and the A0-42 engine. Possibly have a hybrid of a few variants.

I shall do more research before purchasing any items.

Gunslinger1$
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Gunslinger1$ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:17 pm

There are couple of us on this forum that are going to start making engine guards, if that's helps you.
I'm in U.S. Kentucky.
Dave

minimadgav
G-Private
G-Private

Post by minimadgav » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 am

Ok, so re-reading my first post, I feel slightly embarrassed about my lack of knowledge!

After lots of reading and a detailed inspection of my Mule, I have discovered that I own an A2 variant, which has had lots robbed off it. Missing the complete rear steer system, poorly made steering box bracket, etc, etc.

I have a very good engineer here in the UK who is fabricating various brackets and linkages for me, so fingers crossed I will be ready for the War & Peace show in July. I'm going to attempt making a set of rails myself, and if successful I will try the engine guard and foot basket.

One piece of information I an't find is the cubic capacity of the A0-42 engine. I desperately need to find out to complete my registration application. (Yes, i'm crazy enough to register the Mule to go on the roads)

If anyone knows the CC and could share it with me, I would be a very happy bunny :D

If anyone is interested in my progression, I can take photos as I achieve each goal & post on here.

minimadgav
G-Private
G-Private

Post by minimadgav » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:27 am

I have uploaded a few photos to the site below. I'd be interested to hear any comments...

http://www.acufix.co.uk/m274a2-mechanical-mule

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Chuck W. » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Engine is 42.40 cu. in. displacement.

Return to “Mule M274”