FREE LUNCH AND A BEER

Military Jeep Club of Queensland

Moderators: Steven Malikoff, Jeff Gordon

AUSMV
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

FREE LUNCH AND A BEER

Post by AUSMV » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:20 am

Late request for vehicles if anyone can help out. She would be happy with a Stude and Jeep but will take anything she can get! Has offered lunch and a beer and obviously free entry for any members who can take their vehicles. Copy of email below for your information and also contact number. Please call her direct if you can help.

ARATULA STATE SCHOOL, Elizabeth Street Aratula, QLD

http://www.fassifernfiftiesfestival.com

"I have attached a flyer of our event below - last year we had over 200 classic cars turn up which was thrilling - and this year we are expanding. As part of the expansion I want to bring a military element to our festival as it has 2 benefits. It highlights the military presence during the 1950's and to also to highlight the Anzac commemorations.

To this end I would sincerely love it if a couple of your members would be willing to bring perhaps a Studebaker National Service vehicle and a Jeep along to be on our display.

Our display will have a full size copy of a rendering of the Australian Flag in the names of the approx 7500 men who died in the Gallipoli Campaign, posters of past displays done by our regional council for the Anzac Commemorations, a marquee and cam net, a couple of service men, and of course your members lovely vehicles. Additionally we are having a flyover of a biplane and a Tigermoth .

Our Festival starts at 10 and goes until 3 and I would be more than willing to provide a breakfast meal with coffee and lunch and a beer for a couple of people who could help us out.

The festival is to support a tiny school of just 35 children.

I have also attached a picture of the Flag - it is an amazing piece of work.

Thank you again for your time and assistance

Warmly
Terina
0438320771"
Darren

1943 Welbike
1944 BSA 'para' bicycle
1942 MB Slat grill
1943 GPW Jeep
1943 C15A Ford Blitz
1942 WM20 BSA
LP2A Carrier