A frame to rear X member welds?

Nov. 18, 1941 - MB100001 thru Mar. 6, 1942 - MB125809 NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Bad Dad
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

A frame to rear X member welds?

Post by Bad Dad » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:30 pm

I'm finally making progress on my slat, the tub is done, and I'll be starting on the chassis. Bubba decided to remove the rear cross member, the A frame is still there, but there a couple of areas on the bottom edge that look to me as if it was originally welded to the cross member behind the pintle, but I can't find any photos to confirm this, all the descent pics are from the rear of the vehicle where no welds are visible. If anyone has any pictures of theirs showing whether it should be welded at the back onto the cross member I would be very grateful as I'm trying to get it as original as possible.

Many thanks,
Douglas.

sunnyboy
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Re: A frame to rear X member welds?

Post by sunnyboy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:11 am

Douglas, here are a few pics of my Slatt A frame to rear cross member, it's only welded on the outside to the crossmember and not on the inside or the bottom where the A frame meets the crossmember.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (233.22 KiB) Viewed 562 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (233.22 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Bad Dad
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Bad Dad » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Thank you for replying so quickly. It looks as if your body is off too. I think we're all doing similar things on different parts of the planet.

Best,
Dg.

sunnyboy
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by sunnyboy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Hope it helped Doug, my front frame horns were badly butchered and my front radiator support was bad also. Replaced the support and almost done with the horns. Luckily the rear was in good shape, just straighed the crossmember a bit. Good luck.

Return to “Slat Grill, early Willys MB”