Canadian Slat 118916; Advice and opinions..

Nov. 18, 1941 - MB100001 thru Mar. 6, 1942 - MB125809 NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Mark Jesic
G-Major
G-Major

Re: Canadian Slat 118916; Advice and opinions..

Post by Mark Jesic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:35 am

Adam is spot on with the Canadian contract numbers, checking the "Emile Becker" book which is now thankfully printed in English, the production started around 11 Feb 42, although in some other books the production numbers do differ slightly. Yes Stereo, i wish jeeps could talk, we would all learn so much more. Would my better half let it get a word in though ? :lol:

Adam
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Adam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 am

Scuba... Dont mean to hijack your post, anyway with only 2K of these units sent to your country, I would keep it, How many are really left? As far as what its worth with or without the correct frame? If it were mine and I had the time I would build it to suit me, Nobody is going to buy it for what you will end up having into it if you add in your time and parts and what not. Your labor alone could easialy hit hundreds and hundreds of hours.

Well 1500 of the Jeeps to Canada were to be used by Canadians overseas, They were built to U.S.M.C. specs. Canada Had radar installations in Australia at the very minimum. From what I have read Canada was involved in every theater of operations during WW2.

Adam

scubagavin
G-Private
G-Private

Post by scubagavin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Good Evening Gents,

I must say that I will be trying to keep it as original as possible. I would have posted pics by now, but I am overseas for work until Mid. Jan. Then I will be right into the project and try to get some photos up. It will be built side by side with another M38 I am working on.

I know I will be getting an original Slat Frame. That being said, does anyone following this thread know of one that I could buy? I am open to anything in N. America.

Thanks again guys, if anyone has any more CDN Slat info please post, I have gotten alot of good reference pics on the 50 odd pages of this thread and good information!

Kind Regards,
Gavin

Mark Jesic
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Mark Jesic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 am

Gavin, remember to put a back axle light on it, and while your down there, the back axle must be white, and no blackout light on the fender. Please keep us posted. :D

Return to “Slat Grill, early Willys MB”