1/35 scale accesories needed for CCKW project

Question and opinion regarding modeling
bobc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

1/35 scale accesories needed for CCKW project

Post by bobc » Tue May 03, 2005 8:26 pm

I just finshed building a 1/35 heller CCKW open cab,modified as I am planning on doing in real life,I cut off the frame to chevy length and bobbed the bed shifted the gas tank and battery. I may be doing this to a CCKW that I have,it's a great running truck without a bed and a really rough closed cab,I have an open cab that I want to put on it and a really nice 9 foot chevy bed,but I also have a chevy 4X4 that I might put the open cab on,the whole purpose of building the model was to get a better idea how it would look,I also have a gun ring that I plan on mounting on it so I need a 1/35 scale gun ring. Who makes and sells stuff like that? I want to dress it up with lots of gear also,I know Verlinden makes alot of this stuff but I don't have any hobby shops closer than 3 hours away. It was great having a full scale reference while building and modifing this,some of the directions would have been hard to follow without it. Thanks Bob.
M-2-A-1 White half-track, 41 CCKW SWB (yard truck), hoping to start working on my G-506 open cab.

HaaseH
G-Private
G-Private

Post by HaaseH » Fri May 06, 2005 7:47 am

Tamiya makes an accessory set, it includes the M36 ring mount and a couple other little details. It's part number 35231, should run under $7.00 at most of the mail-order places.

you can try either greatmodels.com or squadron.com

-Hans

FifthTeeTree
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by FifthTeeTree » Fri May 06, 2005 8:09 am

The website for Verlinden is:
http://www.verlinden-productions.com/index.html
Just type in 1:35 in the search place. They have a great amount of gear and diorama stuff.
Dave Manning

"Well, at least I've seen the Mississippi, he thought happily to himself."
-Ernest Hemingway, Crossing the Mississippi

Glen the Rotorhead
G-Major
G-Major

!

Post by Glen the Rotorhead » Tue May 17, 2005 11:34 am

If you want the very best detail, try Collector Brass. Their gun ring is cast in lost wax bronze and is excellent. I may have one floating around at home that I'm not using. I will look tonight.
Glen the Rotorhead
1968 M151A1 "C Biscuit"
A Trp 1/9 Cav "Headhunters", Feb 69 - Sep 70

Thank God you can call & complain about the .50 on my jeep. And thank people like me that the policeman on the other end isn't speaking Russian or Chinese.

bobc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

1/35 details

Post by bobc » Tue May 17, 2005 8:11 pm

I just got the Tamiya gun ring kit today from Sqaudron,it looks pretty good,I also got the Verlinden accesory set,I was surprise the Heller truck kit didn't give any detail stuff at all,not even gerry cans. Once I get it all dressed up I post a picture.
M-2-A-1 White half-track, 41 CCKW SWB (yard truck), hoping to start working on my G-506 open cab.

Return to “Models, Toys, and Remote Control MV Equipment”