MD Juan - engines

Question and opinion regarding modeling
Martin Decarli
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class
MD Juan - engines

Post by Martin Decarli » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:47 am

Hi friend,
I am 35 years modellers, I would like interest conversion-"new" MD Juan in 1/35 scale....
I seen that "new work" have also Isuzu and Mazda engine.
I find photo of the Willis MB with japan engine....

Can You any photos?

Thanks You Martin

Martin Decarli
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class
Re: MD Juan - engines

Post by Martin Decarli » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 am

Please...
really have not anybody photo "new" Willis with Isuzu or Mazda engine?
Thanks

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 am

Does MD Juan produce engines? Do you know that MD Juan is a metal fabrication company based in the Phillipines? They make reproduction vehicle parts.

Most members here focus on restoring our HMV's back to factory or motor pool status. Unless a vehicle was purchased and already modified by a PO to have a new Mazda or Izusu engine installed, you probably won't find any here who's done this modification after purchasing their jeeps. Those that do these sort of modifications are not restorers. We call them "Bubba". This sort of mod is popular with guys who use their jeeps as river rats or rock crawlers. Perhaps you can find a photo on one of those types of forums.
Michael O’Connell

Too many jeeps…and a Dodge.

MVPA 13861

Martin Decarli
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by Martin Decarli » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 am

My interest is only from modeller interest....do "new, not original Willis" 1/35

And about engine
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MD Juan moves around 1,500 units a year, most of them on order but the engines are usually left to the buyer.

European and American collectors also prefer to have carefully-restored original jeep engines installed in their vehicles, says Cruz, adding however that his company cannot motor restoration.

The few Filipino collectors are content just to install a modern Toyota or Isuzu engine in their vehicles to produce a jeep that only looks authentic from the outside, says Cruz.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fiveftsix
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by fiveftsix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Michael.
MD Juan not only produce jeep replacement parts.
They are a resourceful company in expansion to other demands too.
They also have other sectors producing a variety of other items.
including producing bodywork for modern day trucks for other truck companies.
Not to mention small buses powered by electric that they are pioneering at the moment as well.
I`m sure you may have heard or seen the new Electric MB jeep that they have also built.
MD Juan go back a long way, when at one time they were a surplus dealer in jeeps and jeep parts.
To producing jeep bodywork that we are familiar with.
A look at the history of MD Juan on there web site I`m sure you will find interesting.
As to the original post many jeeps after the war were converted once the original engines were no longer rebuild able,
As is known world wide jeeps were converted into small buses or taxi`s, these became the Jeepney we have all heard about there.
These and many others were retro fitted with more modern and efficient motors through the years.
Jeeps have been fitted with all manner of power units there from diesels to modern Toyota. Nissan and Honda engines.
I suggest the Original post look to a Philippine web site to answer his request.
Geoff Bull

Marty, SoCal
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Marty, SoCal » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 pm

I think what the original post writer wants to do is to make a model of a typical "PI" jeep. I was in Subic Bay during the 1st Gulf War, there I saw a few of the jeeps he describes. They had a stainless steel flat fender jeep body (MD Juan?) on a shortened 2wd Japanese truck frame, all of them with a diesel engine.
43 Ford GPW 92098
53 Dunbar Kapple M100
Sold: 61 CJ-5, 41 T207 WC-1 Dodge closed cab pickup
MVPA #8266
USMC Tanker (1811, 1812), 85-93
ASE Automotive Master tech, former Chrysler-Jeep Level 4 Mastertech, CA state EA smog license

Return to “Models, Toys, and Remote Control MV Equipment”