M54 conversion

Question and opinion regarding modeling
MAVERICK
Sergeant Major of the Gee

M54 conversion

Post by MAVERICK » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am

A guy i know has offered to build me a model ( 1 / 35th ) of my M54 truck, he wants to do it as close to the real thing as possiable. I have to buy all the kits and he will do the building. i have found the M54 Cab conversion and I have a M925 truck kit. the trouble is the cargo body on the 925 is diffrent to my M54 and my M54 has canvas cargo cover, what can I do to get the correct items. I also need the early type gun ring (Not the M66 type) for the truck.

Can anyone help ??

Thanks
Regards
Maverick,

Always looking for 155mm Howitzer parts, tools and general Artillery equipment from WW2, Korea and Vietnam.

"Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl by the Infantry"

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Re: M54 conversion

Post by lt.luke » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:50 am

Try Verlindin Resin Modeling kits.

Also, ask the guy who is offering to complete the build how good he is with scratch building. If the kit parts are close, they may can be modified with sheet styrene, tube and rod styrene.

MAVERICK

Re: M54 conversion

Post by MAVERICK » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

I'll pass on your comments and see what he comes up with. Thanks :D
Regards
Maverick,

Always looking for 155mm Howitzer parts, tools and general Artillery equipment from WW2, Korea and Vietnam.

"Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl by the Infantry"

Return to “Models, Toys, and Remote Control MV Equipment”