I watched show called wheeler and dealers

1985 - Present, Vehicles, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

signsup
banned

Re: I watched show called wheeler and dealers

Post by signsup » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Just remember, it's only television. From first hand experience . . . had a show called Auction King that was filmed here in Atlanta with guys bringing in treasures and they get cleaned up and sold for high dollar. At a local MVPA event, this guy and his son and a TV crew show up and we were asked to pretend like we were at an auction bidding on a 2.5 ton truck and we'd be on TV. We did as we were told and the truck "sold" for $2,50 to his son. The truck never left our event and went home with the owner. The TV show was on a few months later and represented that his son bought this truck, had it appraised by an "expert" (one of our club members" and did not make a penny on his investment. It was all staged for TV.

My next story is a local freight auction I attend on a regular basis was featured on a show on the Travel Channel where teams of antique experts go to auctions and buy hidden treasures. On the TV show, one of them buys a truck full of LP albums including a Beatles White album worth $10's of thousands of dollars. I asked one of the auction hands the next time I saw him why I can never find something like that and he replied that when that truck left the auction it was empty. It was all for TV.
Read about the Storage Wars producers salting the lockers with certain items. The locks being cut on TV are all for show. Why would someone bring a rare baseball card or million dollar car to Rick at Pawn Stars and never get close to accepting his low ball offers? It's all for TV.

I watch all the Velocity shows and take them all with a grain of salt. Does Mike really buy every car he sees the first time? Does he really sell every car for a profit? some to the original owners? Or is it all for entertainment.

By the way, Ed China has filed for personal bankruptcy according to the Internet. so it must be true!
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 am

Some interesting points Robert, that Pawn Stars show always annoys me. Rick low balls everything, and is Chumley such an idiot ? I saw once on you tube that he owns a Rolls Royce. Would you sell anything to them? I wouldnt. Amazed to hear Ed China has filed for bankrupcy, i bet Mike Brewer ran off with all the cash. :twisted:

1943Willysgpw
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by 1943Willysgpw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:28 am

Mark Jesic wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 am
Some interesting points Robert, that Pawn Stars show always annoys me. Rick low balls everything, and is Chumley such an idiot ? I saw once on you tube that he owns a Rolls Royce. Would you sell anything to them? I wouldnt. Amazed to hear Ed China has filed for bankrupcy, i bet Mike Brewer ran off with all the cash. :twisted:
I think this speaks to our point here. There was no cash. It is all "Fake Reality TV" :lol: :lol:
"None of us are as smart as all of us"

1942 GPW 1871 DoD 2-27-42 Dallas Plant
1945 GPW 247890 DoD 1-26-45 Louisville Plant
1942 GTB 136166 DoD 9-18-42
1942 GTB 135938 DoD
1952 M100

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 am

I wonder what the TV companies pay them for each episode, i mean come on, those guys in pawn stars arent exactly poor . How many cars and bikes do they each own ? The old man must own at least SIX American classics. :evil:

Return to “Humvee For Sale”