Selling my HMMWV project

1985 - Present, Vehicles, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

JFS
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Selling my HMMWV project

Post by JFS » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:03 am

Selling my HMMWV project build, asking price is $40k

Also have a look at

https://photos.app.goo.gl/giTiEORbOoWraq8j2

for more photos.

Obtained this vehicle as a rolling chassis from AMG with a completely bare body tub and built it up from surplus and new parts over the course of 4 years. Completed vehicle and obtained PA title allowing legal on road use in 2016. Annual PA inspection recently completed and valid through 8-2018.

95% of parts are NOS surplus or newly purchased from AM General. I have all paperwork on the engine, transmission and a pile of AMG tags/receipts for on components bought from AMG. The entire drivetrain is new or warranteed factory remanufactured. The vehicle has a 6.5 turbo diesel (PROMAR factory remanufactured long block with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty) with a 4L80E, 4 speed gearbox and new 3.08 differentials. The 4L80E is also factory remanufactured with dyno paperwork. I bought an extra military (EMP proof) transmission control box and put an aftermarket EZ-TCU shift controller in it to get the ability to change shift points and shift force. I still have the original military TCM in its own EMP box which is included in the sale, if you are a purist and prefer to have it stock military you can swap it back in with no rewiring required, just plug and play. The drivetrain and suspension are all 12,100 lb GVW rated components, i.e. heavy duty driveshafts, geared hub internals, prop shafts and brakes. It also has the upgraded parking brake system on the rear calipers. The suspension alignment type is the shim adjustment. All suspension bushings, engine mounts and body mounts are brand new. All of the fastener hardware used during the build are new Grade 8 bolts and class C military style lock nuts.

Notable items on the vehicle include:

New Promar long block installation with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.
New torque converter
New body wiring harness, new engine wiring harness
New military KDS Smart Start System (S3) glow plug controller and matched sensor
New starter
New factory OEM drivetrain tunnel heat/sound insulation
New 3 point seat belts on all four seats
2 yellow top Optima AGM batteries with adaptor bases for secure installation, and a dual bank 20 amp charger/maintainer.
New LED headlights
New marker lights and tail lights
New military style tach
4 new high back seats and 3 point seatbelts for all occupants. Custom Cordura seat covers in matching olive drab green to protect the new seats.
New 4 man soft top and doors
New front AND rear Mile Marker hydraulic winches. You can select either forward or rear operation with a flick of a switch from the driver seat. New handheld remote, recovery strap, pulley block.
Rhino spare tire carrier and spare tire on 24 bolt wheel.
Military style tubular bumper. I also have the civilian style available if you want it
Four 24 bolt wheel rims (not on the vehicle at the moment) included in the sale. Spare tire already has a 24 bolt rim.
Military undercarriage protection kit installed to protect the tunnel driveline components
Two backup lights were installed in order for the vehicle to be legal for public road use.
Aluminum coolant expansion tank to replace the crack prone plastic ones.
Bluehummer differential bolt locking kit
New radiator, new engine and oil cooler
New engine hoses
New cargo divider and mounting hardware included in sale.
Rebuilt, leak free hubs with new seals and 12.1k driveshafts. All hubs have the seals and spindle stems required for a CTIS system if you want to install it at a future date.

All tires have 90%+ thread left on them, and the vehicle is clean, corrosion free, leak free, garage kept and driven about once a week on nice days for the last few months. The tach time and mileage shown in the photos are approximate, it is still regularly driven.

Feel free to contact me for more photos or answer any questions you may have.

desmodromic
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: Selling my HMMWV project

Post by desmodromic » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Nice rig! GLWS.

Do you have a write up of the dual winch install? Specifically how you tied the hydrailics together and how you installed the selector switch?
93 M998 Seabee
95 M1025A2 GMV x4
99 M1045A2
99 M1123A2
02 M1025A2 GMV
09 M1165A1
11 M1165A1
93 M923A2 x2
97 M1078
02 M1031M1
00 MEP-803A
10 M1102

JFS
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by JFS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:52 am

Thank you,

The dual hydraulic winch setup was not as complicated as you may think. I looked at the way the forward and rear setups are plumbed in an A2 setup (see thread viewtopic.php?f=63&t=277663&p=1620383#p1620383) and placed them in series with each other at the same location in the hydraulic loop they usually are. The default "off" position of the hydraulic solenoids controlling the direction of the motor cuts the hydraulic motor out of the circuit (short circuits the input to the output flow connection), so unless you are activating the winch in forward or reverse it is not dropping pressure in the loop. The two forward and rear winch solenoid valve sets need to be in series otherwise the flow will just bypass the resistance of the activated winch motor by flowing through the winch solenoid set that is not being used.

Electrically the hand controller is switched to either the forward or rear set of solenoids with a three pole, double throw switch (which also ensures that it is impossible to run both winches at the same time).

tj4tj4
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant
Location: Hinterlands of the People's Republic of Madison, Wisc.

Post by tj4tj4 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 pm

PM sent.
1986-89, VA Army National Guard
E-5, 29th Light Infantry Division, Airborne, Jungle Expert

M1037 (1985)
MB Gelandewagen (2000, civilian G55 version)

JFS
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by JFS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Sold pending funds

tj4tj4
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by tj4tj4 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Funds funded; fun follows.

M1037 (1985)

86humv
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by 86humv » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

tj4tj4 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:18 pm
Funds funded; fun follows.
The 4 F's
86 Hmmwv
Lots A parts
M101A2 trailer
M1102 trailer

tj4tj4
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by tj4tj4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 am

Surpassed only by The 3 F's of Leasing: if you can fly it, float it or f*** it... lease it!

I only wish somebody had explained this to me 30 years ago.

M1037 (1985)

acudanut
USMC GUNNY

Post by acudanut » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:24 am

6.5 Detroit Diesels' Had Turbo's ?? darn I am losing it.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:35 pm

What is on the access cover of the left splash shield?

Jason

Return to “Humvee For Sale”