fun with hummer haters

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

hmrbri
Sergeant Major of the Gee

fun with hummer haters

Post by hmrbri » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:39 pm

http://www.thepiton.com/2006/07/huge_kudos_to_b.html

these people are really out there!!
b
'85 M998 converted to M1026
"Back" at 'er!!!

m1275
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

fun with hummer haters

Post by m1275 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi B,

You are correct...WAY OUT THERE!!!! :shock: I drive my M998 a few times a week to my daughters soccer practice. Every now and again I get yelled at by one these wack jobs. Always when they are driving in the opposite direction :x They have nothing better to do than try to regulate everyone around them. The price I pay for living in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
Just my two centavos

:D

Hector
1942 FORD SCRIPT GPW (Mary Catherine)
MVPA 29044

hmrbri

Post by hmrbri » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:21 pm

up here in Can. it's not as much of an issue.
i've heard they gone as far as arson down there :shock:
hector, sent you a PM.
b
'85 M998 converted to M1026
"Back" at 'er!!!

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

fun with hummer haters

Post by dilvoy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:09 pm

Last month I attended a second cousin's wedding. Her parents had just bought a Prius. The bride's father, Jimmy, is my mom's first cousin and he is a pleasant and quiet man, but his wife, Trudy, is the classic loud mouth. Wow, she started in with this and that about hummers and when she said vehicles like my hummer are destroying the environment because they waste so much gas just getting down the road, I told her that, first of all it runs on diesel, can be made to run on veggie oil and propane and that it did not even need a road, unlike her Prius that depended on the world being carved up with bulldozers and paved over with cement, not to mention the trees that needed to be cut down as well. Sort of a silly reply, but Trudy knows my sense of humor and it was appropriate for not wanting to cause a scene at a wedding and the five seconds of stunned silence from Trudy were golden. Uncle Jimmy was smiling like the Cheshire cat too.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”