posting pics

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

CHASWINGMAN
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

posting pics

Post by CHASWINGMAN » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 am

hey guys, I went to FAQ and the directions for posting pics was written in 2003, is that really the only way to post pics? By taking from a picture host thingy mabobit?
I'm asking here, because this is where I live on the G.

Thanks in advance
GMV
M998
Lots of green and tan metal junk.
M151a2
M416
M1102 x 4

DockRocker
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Re: posting pics

Post by DockRocker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:38 am

CHASWINGMAN wrote:hey guys, I went to FAQ and the directions for posting pics was written in 2003, is that really the only way to post pics? By taking from a picture host thingy mabobit?

Thanks in advance
If you use Tapatalk you just use the built in client. It’s two clicks with your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artificer
banned

Post by artificer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:59 am

John GIBBINS Member Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers [Ret], ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck & Auto Technician USA -2002 Licensed Motor Mech NSW MVIC 49593 Current 2015
TO DIAGNOSE, TROUBLESHOOT OR FAULT FIND ANY AUTO SYSTEM....
Understand how system parts interact with one another. GOOD parts can then be established & the NOT GOOD problem/s part/s isolated for repair or replacement.

ohiohmmwv
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by ohiohmmwv » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:42 am

DockRocker wrote:
CHASWINGMAN wrote:hey guys, I went to FAQ and the directions for posting pics was written in 2003, is that really the only way to post pics? By taking from a picture host thingy mabobit?

Thanks in advance
If you use Tapatalk you just use the built in client. It’s two clicks with your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if it’s fixed yet or not but my iPhone pics would post really huge on the forum when viewed from a computer. From my phone on Tapatalk they looked fine.

mak
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by mak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 am

I just opened an account with postimages.org, its free and seems to work if this pic shows up, you get different sizing options. This was from an iphone. Checking online reviews a bunch of folks liked the site,some didn't. NB In case any of you ask, if anyone wants to swap these 097 injectors + 7 more scuffed core ones for eight NOS 6.2's let me know,these seem NOS with tarnish,but both ends look shiny and clean.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:28 pm

I use my old myspace account to put pics on. You could always create a facebook page, just to upload forum pics to.
My pics used to post super huge. When I see those, I hate having to copy it then paste it somewhere to see the entire image.

Jason

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by RockHillWill » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Gentlemen: I post on several sites and am an administrator on the Allmetalshaping website, and have had others share with me what they were doing to resize pics for posting. We download a FREE copy of FastStone Image Viewer. Then where you store your photos, and a new file and tag it '800 for posting'. Open up the FastStone Image Viewer and select the photos that you want to resize for posting. Under the tool menu choose 'Batch Convert Selected Images'. Check 'Output Format' to JPEG. For the 'Output Folder' select your '800 for posting' file. Click 'Advanced Options" and choose a 'Standard Size' of 800 x 600. Then click 'Convert'. The selected pics will now be of the correct size for 'copy and paste' to your post. Hope this is of some assistance.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:29 pm

I have posted pics on here for years, using the same camera, and the same web site to host. Pics would look fine on here, then for a while, they were HUGE. It is back to normal on here now.

Jason

Hell On Wheels
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Hell On Wheels » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Photobucket is really easy to post pictures

photobucket.com
Robert

1966 - M151A1
1986 - M998
2007 - M1102