1985 HMMWV Windshield Washer Tank Location

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: 1985 HMMWV Windshield Washer Tank Location

Post by dilvoy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm

A heater core without a fan is pretty much useless. A fan moving air through the core makes a world of difference. There might be one on the forward side of that core. It looks like your PCB has been removed so you probably have a push button for the glow plugs and that means that most of your wiring is probably modified away from Mil Spec. It looks like you may have the Military Hydraulic Fan Clutch still in place. If you don't have a hydraulic hose attached to the front end of that unit and it is properly supplied with Power Steering fluid and pressure from the Cadillac Valve, your fan would be running constantly. Lots of noise all the time from that Mil Fan running all the time.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Chemist
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Chemist » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:12 am

Yes, it is a push button now. I’ll look at it a bit more when it’s warmer out. Thank you everyone for the comments/suggestions. This is my first Humvee. I have about 25 green vehicles, APC etc so I am familiar with many aspects of them but not all.

My favorite vehicle is still my M274 Mule.

Ryan
dilvoy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm
A heater core without a fan is pretty much useless. A fan moving air through the core makes a world of difference. There might be one on the forward side of that core. It looks like your PCB has been removed so you probably have a push button for the glow plugs and that means that most of your wiring is probably modified away from Mil Spec. It looks like you may have the Military Hydraulic Fan Clutch still in place. If you don't have a hydraulic hose attached to the front end of that unit and it is properly supplied with Power Steering fluid and pressure from the Cadillac Valve, your fan would be running constantly. Lots of noise all the time from that Mil Fan running all the time.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 pm

dilvoy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:50 pm
[/quote]

yeah, it definitely looks like non-standard wiring.

Jason

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”