Windshield glass

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Windshield glass

Post by RockHillWill » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:53 pm

In preparation for installing the M1025 turret top on my M998 truck, I disassembled the turret roof from the windshield that it was attached to, to make things easier for me. I have been driving the M998 truck and the windshield and it is very nice and clean, but I noticed that the windshield that is /was attached to the turret top has one side that has turned a slight 'yellow', and I want to change it out. I expect to go ahead and change both sides. Will it be easier to change them out on the bench, or once the windshield in installed? What is the current thinking on type of replacement glass? Can I expect to save the current seal? Thanks!

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Windshield glass

Post by Action » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:02 pm

I did my last pair with the frame on the ground. Easier than climbing on the hood. You will have to prop the hardtop frame up because of the "ears". I used a putty knife to push the seal ribs down in the frame. If your current seals do not have sealant on them, you could reuse. I would just use your current clear glass in the new setup.
I used the factory H1 glass. 12339514 ($55.62 ea at Adventure Accessories) clear good for both sides.
seals for these are 12338941.
Be careful when pushing i the new glass. Push the edge of the seals, not the glass.

Jason

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”