TM info for camo screen on M1026

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Hell On Wheels
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: TM info for camo screen on M1026

Post by Hell On Wheels » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:49 am

It takes two hex and a diamond to cover it and if you want a access door then 2x2.
Robert

1966 - M151A1
1986 - M998
2007 - M1102
2009 - H3T

Hell on Wheels https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_blL ... z7Ukw8gbHg

farmallsh
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by farmallsh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 am

This thread brings back many bad memories.....nets were in my top 2 reasons for not re-enlisting in the Army....lol...they get caught on everything.......try putting them up on a M270 MLRS or M916 HEMTT......I’m the dark.....sometimes 3-4 times a night whenever you moved to new ops area...... The worst would be once you go it all set up, staked down, poles and spreaders just perfect.....they would give the order to move......bastards.......AND to top it all off....once the unit got back in the motor pool.....we had to spread them back out, pull every tree limb in OK out of them and perform repairs for days.........anybody with any experience with camo nets knows the best place for them is a burn pit.....anyway....done with rant....enjoy your net...lol

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by RockHillWill » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 am

Wow! Never gave that a thought. The camo net was the wife's idea, but I agreed to it. Perhaps we should have another conversation, LOL! That sounds like a royal PIA.

farmallsh
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by farmallsh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am

LOL....with all my bitching and whining aside.....I do own a complete netting system for a HMMWV....LOL....don't ask me why.....
I think the standard issue kit includes the following:
1 each bag w/ straps
2 each hexes
1 each Diamond
1 each repair kit
12 each pole sections
4 each spreaders
12 each stakes

I don't remember any TM's for netting vehicles...I'm sure they exist but.....they just took us out to the field and gave us a OJT when we first fielded the new MLRS battalion 214 5F17 at Ft Sill.
A HMMWV is easy to net with 2 people....just drape it over, stake, set 2-3 pole sections together to make 4 upright poles and attach spreaders and drive them up at 45 deg angle and set until the netting is tight. We then covered the windshield with the bag.... Also there is no required area to install the net system while moving. Most of the time we just strapped them to the top and through the pole bag in the back...you basically look like a Gypsy wagon rolling around with all the crap everywhere.
For display purpose the netting provides a great partial shade like a pergola on a back porch. Great for shows when its hot outside.
Dont listen to me...get a netting system....embrace the suck!!! lol

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:58 pm

The newer ULCANS are supposed to be more resistant to snags.

Jason

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”