Master list of all variants?

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

92GTA
G-Civilian
Master list of all variants?

Post by 92GTA » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:47 am

Hey everyone, I'm a FNG. Always wanted a surplus HMMWV and I've recently signed up for GP. I'm in zero hurry to buy tho.

First I'm trying to learn about all the different variants made, for all different military branches, and their versions/revisions. I'm still in phase 1 trying to figure out which variant I want. Then I'll work on version, year, etc. I've heard some have forced induction and some have the tire pressure control from the inside. A/C would be nice too out here in the CA desert.

This is just going to be a fun vehicle for me in addition to my daily driver. Something I can Rhinoline, off-road the living Crimp One Off out of it, then just hose it off type of thing. I do want the newest/lowest meter one I can afford though. I'm in CA so I'll also be on an uphill mission to get it street registered trying the route of having the CHP assigned a proper VIN.

I searched and found several variant lists, but none seem complete. Different sources seem to have different gaps in their info. Is there an evergreen master online somewhere for reference?

Thanks!

Alex
Possibly looking for an M1026A2 HMMWV. Still researching.

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Master list of all variants?

Post by dilvoy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:45 pm

I think the only place to find the info that you want is at AM General. You also forgot the variants that they built for foreign countries. It would be an interesting list if it were to surface some day. Even if it die, I don't think it would be broken down to differences between one model and another though.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:56 pm

There are only a few models available, so knowing all of them won't help you decide. You won't find an m1114 on GP. On, GP, you decide if you want 2-door or 4-door or 0-door.
If you want newer, I have a 2007 I could let go for about $80,000. It has factory a/c!

Jason

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Retired War Horses » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Here is the real question....what's your budget? No sense on looking for some of these trucks if your budget is say 25k...or less.
Retired War Horses Restoration

Call us for all your HMMWV parts, service, upgrades and conversion needs.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”