HUMVEE NEW TITLE QUESTION

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

diamondjim
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant
HUMVEE NEW TITLE QUESTION

Post by diamondjim » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:26 pm

if you buy a Humvee,a form 97 is $50 and they offer a "full title" for $100 more "????,anyone have any dealing like this,then I can drive it on the road?,thanks

LEIbuys
G-Private
G-Private
Re: HUMVEE NEW TITLE QUESTION

Post by LEIbuys » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 am

With the SF-97, you can apply for a APV title as the form states off road use only. If you pay extra for the title it's still an off road title so you still can't register it as a standard motor vehicle unless you can change it from off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rales
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Rales » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:20 am

Spoke to gov planet yesterday about titles that can be offered as I am having issues in Florida with a clear SF-97. Currently they can provide title from Montana but regardless of your SF-97 it will have Off-Road use only stamped on it. Also its not a title in your name but a reassignment similar to the SF-97.

Curious with the law changes in Montana that allow the off road titles to be made on road with an MV70 form. Maybe this could help others get titles?

anotherbrian
G-Civilian

Post by anotherbrian » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:15 am

I'm surprised nobody discusses using LLC or corporation entities as proxy owners.

The entity would be formed in a state that allows humvees to be titled for on highway use. The entity would own the humvee. The entity would maintain all requirements required by the state such as annual reports, registration, tax returns if (IF) required. The yearly costs to maintain the entity in the state will depend on the state but it can be small amount.

There may be other issues. Just surprised nobody has discussed it. See
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/n ... 7e398.html

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”