New Parts May Just Get Hard to Get

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Gadget
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant
New Parts May Just Get Hard to Get

Post by Gadget » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Raklatif
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class
Re: New Parts May Just Get Hard to Get

Post by Raklatif » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 am

Met them at IDEX in Abu Dhabi, they seemed to look forward to dealing with many potential new customers.

metalman
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by metalman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 am

Retail customers?

Gadget
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Gadget » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:52 am

Since AMG does not support the selling of the HMMWV's to John Q Public They could always come up with a way to choke off parts supply to John Q. More than one way to skin a cat as they say.

Raklatif
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by Raklatif » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 am

metalman wrote:Retail customers?
correct

SinDiesel
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by SinDiesel » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:38 am

I'm not sure if this is logistically good or bad. I'm assuming they will also handle all the common service related items that are found on the hummer H1's.

I do agree with the article as counterfeit parts are cropping up more and more. Case in point, how many people have bought rear cast heavy duty suspension seats off of ebay only to receive parts that DO NOT HAVE THE MANUFACTURER'S PART NUMBER CAST IN and possibly are counterfeit parts. All the shelter carriers and A1 HMMWV'S that I have owned that are originally assembled with these cast seats as original equipment, all had the manufacturer's part number cast into the seats. Has anybody else run across counterfeit parts? If so what?

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dilvoy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:54 pm

SinDiesel wrote:I'm not sure if this is logistically good or bad. I'm assuming they will also handle all the common service related items that are found on the hummer H1's.

I do agree with the article as counterfeit parts are cropping up more and more. Case in point, how many people have bought rear cast heavy duty suspension seats off of ebay only to receive parts that DO NOT HAVE THE MANUFACTURER'S PART NUMBER CAST IN and possibly are counterfeit parts. All the shelter carriers and A1 HMMWV'S that I have owned that are originally assembled with these cast seats as original equipment, all had the manufacturer's part number cast into the seats. Has anybody else run across counterfeit parts? If so what?

I bought a late style engine temp gauge to look it over closely, even though I knew it to be a counterfeit. It had an NSN Number printed on the face that was jibberish and had a mistake in spelling. Who knows if it was within spec. The seller got really upset with me after I ratted him out in the short area allowed for feedback. LOL He/She stopped selling them not long after.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Ted Gates
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Ted Gates » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:50 am

I have not yet but I buy from the main suppliers and known people here.

The transfer of the parts business is getting to be pia for lead times. Actually it already is. If you need something special you better get it sooner rather than later. I've waited 120 days on items and typically 30 to 60. So worse is yet to come.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”