Hard Fuel Line

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Gadget
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant
Hard Fuel Line

Post by Gadget » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 am

So the idiot who changed a fuel pump at the sale yard in Atlanta put the wrong pump on as it was a non fording pump.
In doing so he bent and kinked the main line at the fuel pump where the screw collar is. I have put the correct pump on and for the life of me I cannot get the Collar the screw into the pump. I can't slide the collar back to the 90 bend due to the kinks.
Does this line have to be a solid all the way to the fuel canister?
Can I cut the hard line and add a rubber hose in the straight section going up the front of the engine?

Ted Gates
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Hard Fuel Line

Post by Ted Gates » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Its rubber at the other end to the filter. By the pump, the rubber wont be protected from debris but it would work.

86humv
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by 86humv » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:37 pm

I might have that tube in the shed...I'll look.
86 Hmmwv
Lots A parts
M101A2 trailer
M1102 trailer

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dilvoy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Hose will work, but it will most likely be impossible to attach a hose to the curved portion of it. Usually will leak, because the tube is not round enough and then you probably won't bulge the end to help from leaking. You can use some brass fittings starting with one that will attach to the flare socket in the fuel pump then just put a barb on it after using a couple of 90 degree elbows to position the barb straight up. It is difficult to put in one of those complete steel fuel lines, especially if you have A/C on your Humvee. You might be able without removing too much stuff, install part of it though. You could probably have steel up to the valve cover area and then use a short piece of fuel hose to connect to the steel line from there.
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”