Exporting the HMMWV

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

NorwegianM998
G-Private
G-Private
Exporting the HMMWV

Post by NorwegianM998 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:22 am

Hi all

been following this great forum for a while. The HMMWV is 30 years old (1985) this year, and that means it can be imported into my homecountry Norway import-tax free.
The OFF ROAD USE ONLY-Florida Title is sufficient for export, document-wise. So I am contemplating buying a 1985 from the Govplanet auctions. But are they allowed to be exported? The info on govplanet pages is not clear.

First, DLA Demilitarizion Code Q reads:

Commerce Control List Items (CCLI). Demilitarization not required, however Trade Security Controls (as set forth by the Department of Commerce) required at time of disposition. Trade Security Control Assessment/Clearance required. Mutilation to the point of scrap required outside the United States.

The info on each adverticed HMMWV reads: GovPlanet is only permitted to sell Demil Q & F items within the United States and only to U.S. citizens.

Buyer is required to submit an End-Use Certificate (EUC) to be reviewed prior to removal of the item.First-time buyers of Demil Q & F items may experience an extended review period in the Trade Securities approval process.

The GovPlanet info also states that international buyers have to have the assistance of a us citizen to buy.

It seams that Govplanet cannot sell to others than US Citizens, which is OK. I have family in California (US Citizens) that can buy one , and I can then buy it from them.
But is the HMMWV allowed to be exported? I have read on the forums about Canadians importing them, if so why not NATO allied Norway? :-)

Does an ECU prevent the first buyer from Govplanet to resell the HMMWV? Is the understanding that Uncle Sam can recall the HMMWVs at any time and that the ECU signer will be held responsible of returning it, even though it has been sold on?

rodm1026
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: Exporting the HMMWV

Post by rodm1026 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 am

Hi
Any ex military vehicle or trailer/ equipment in the U.S. Needs an export licence and a clear title to export because the government wants to check that the vehicle is not stolen from the military and the country of end use is an acceptable .

You need to contact a reliable export agent I have used one and happy to pass on there info
private message me
Cheers Rod
1986 HMMWV M1026 RHD CTIS ARB lockers, 9k winch ,Brushbar, rhino wheel carrier, 24 bolt BAJA BELT, red dot A/C , Prc524/77 A2 seats M240b shield and mount
M116a3 1990 ( sold)
M101a3 1993
M274A5 1970 (sold)
M274A5 1969

mak
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by mak » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:14 pm

I thought that any of the Gov Planet HMMWV's that were Q rated would not be suitable for export as "Mutilation to the point of scrap required outside the United States" means you can only export a heap of scrap, but I'm pretty sure I spotted at least one random M998 HMMWV on the recent auctions that was not Q rated and could be exported intact and as is.It didnt look any different from the rest but had some quirky history that made it different.

ChrisH
G-Private
G-Private

Post by ChrisH » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:46 am

NorwegianM998 wrote:
The GovPlanet info also states that international buyers have to have the assistance of a us citizen to buy.

It seams that Govplanet cannot sell to others than US Citizens, which is OK. I have family in California (US Citizens) that can buy one , and I can then buy it from them.
But is the HMMWV allowed to be exported? I have read on the forums about Canadians importing them, if so why not NATO allied Norway? :-)

Does an ECU prevent the first buyer from Govplanet to resell the HMMWV? Is the understanding that Uncle Sam can recall the HMMWVs at any time and that the ECU signer will be held responsible of returning it, even though it has been sold on?
Hi there,

I'm just new to the forum but I own an M998 Humvee. I recently moved back to the US after working in parts of Europe and the Middle East as a contractor in the Communications game, anyway..

I had a few customers who regularly exported Humvee parts from ebay sellers into the Middle East and Europe no problem and even a guy who brought a truck over a few years ago. At the time that the truck was brought into the Middle East it had a US title and was exported without any issues as would any other vehicle.

If you have family who are US citizens then having them buy it for you solves the potential "End User" issue as you're now buying a second hand vehicle and if it's titled then all you need is a title for export out of the US.

If you have any issues I'm happy to check with my last customer who exported out of the US, however I've recently returned stateside so I'm unable to get a hold of them as easily.

All the best.

Chris.
Christopher Hagan,
M998 Humvee.
Various cars and bikes.

kitovianna
G-Civilian

Post by kitovianna » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:56 am

Dear All,

I purchased Humvee's from GovPlanet through an American company that does not have the US license to export military vehicles to Brazil.

Can you help me in this situation?

Thank you in advance

Marcos

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 am

kitovianna wrote:Dear All,

I purchased Humvee's from GovPlanet through an American company that does not have the US license to export military vehicles to Brazil.

Can you help me in this situation?

Thank you in advance

Marcos

Drive it home!

Jason

Gadget
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Gadget » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:17 am

Steve at owensexport.com has exported well over a 100 or so in just the last year. Contact him He has been exporting military vehicles for 20 plus years

Raklatif
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by Raklatif » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:00 pm

It can be exported :), just make sure you have the EUC and Bill of Sale. Department of commerce will also have you fill out some paperwork.

JjmAST
G-Civilian

Post by JjmAST » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:03 am

CONTACT WWW.AMERICANSECURITYANDTRANSPORT.COM THESE GUYS REALLY KNOW HOW TO GET THINGS SHIPED ALL OVER THE WORLD :D

desmodromic
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by desmodromic » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am

JjmAST wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:03 am
CONTACT WWW.AMERICANSECURITYANDTRANSPORT.COM THESE GUYS REALLY KNOW HOW TO GET THINGS SHIPED ALL OVER THE WORLD :D
Given your screen name JJ Mast, it would see like "These Guys" are actually you. Why not be more upfront?
93 M998 Seabee
95 M1025A2 GMV x4
99 M1045A2
99 M1123A2
02 M1025A2 GMV
09 M1165A1
11 M1165A1
93 M923A2 x2
97 M1078
02 M1031M1
00 MEP-803A
10 M1102

JjmAST
G-Civilian

Post by JjmAST » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Not me bud but he is a good guy named John!!! If it was me I would be proud and just said hey man I can help but since it is not me I didn't i said to contact the guys that can handle that I know nothing about export

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”