Hello to everyone

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

dave.au
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Hello to everyone

Post by dave.au » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Thought I would say a hello to everyone in the group after following it for 6 months while waiting for my truck to arrive.

Finally after 8 months of waiting I have taken hold of my m998 with a slant back fitted in tan. All appears well after the 1000km drive to get it back home, she didn't miss a beat. but i must say it was a loud trip back home!

the mods will begin shortly and so will the questions regarding my RHD conversion which i have the parts for and the 4spd conversion which i will have the gearbox for in a few days.

I look forward to getting to know more of you,

Dave, Sydney Australia.
M998 87
4L80E, RHD, DWF, Slantback, A2 rear calipers
Installing: RED DOT A/C, Brand new GEP P400, CTIS, ECV Hood
LED Lights, T242, Ibistek front bar, HD rear bar, UCP, Rhino carrier, A2 Harnesses
CARC 686A, Metric Dash, Supp armour X doors, and more.

lkgindy
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by lkgindy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi and welcome,

If you have been following the message board I am sure that you have read post by "dunsbr". You may well already know him but if not, he knows all the tricks about the RH conversion. I am sure that Brad will be great contact for you. Once again, welcome.

Larry
1987 M-998 Project
1995 Hummer HT

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Howdy.

Jason

George Stojkos
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by George Stojkos » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome Dave,
Good to have another truck in Oz but once again in the Eastern States.....I`m getting real lonely over here. :cry:

dave.au
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Thanks guys..

Post by dave.au » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:44 am

Hi lkgindy, I have met Brad a little over a month ago and he sure is a knowledgeable guy.

Thanks for the hi Action and Hi George, dont worry ill be over your way with my truck when I begin to travel in it, ill be sure to drop in

Dave.
M998 87
LED Lights, T242, Ibistek front bar, HD rear bar, UCP, Rhino carrier, A2 Harnesses

TONKA
G-Private
G-Private

Post by TONKA » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:34 am

Dave,

It's good to see the 'Humvee' club is growing in OZ !

Cheers
Steve Kalathas
M 1026
FJ45

George Stojkos

Post by George Stojkos » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:34 am

Dave,

You don`t get off that easy, where`s the pics :?:

dave.au
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Here are the pics

Post by dave.au » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:22 am

All right here are a few pics, but don't ask me about the steering wheel it came like this!

the truck came from Georgia from the auction back in 97 but was kept in dry storage with another 17 in a private collection. as to date the truck has 4700 miles in it. Including the LOUD drive from Brisbane to Sydney last weekend. And hi Steve, there seems to be more and more of us on this island who have these toys

M998 87

George Stojkos

Post by George Stojkos » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:06 am

I notice in the second pic that you have two wallets sitting on the tunnel...........you`re gonna need both of them :D :D :D ......Nice truck!

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

hello to everyone

Post by dilvoy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:08 am

Hi Dave, I'm shure you'll have fun learning about your Humvee, I did on mine. It's interesting that your Humvee has been lifted. Not a thing that's usually done. Nice house too. I like the older Australian homes except for the Corrugated Tin roofed jobs. Did I see a MOMO steering wheel on your Humvee? :shock:
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

mark m uk
Post by mark m uk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:50 am

Welcome to the forum, I am quite new here too. I can tell you they are a great and knowledgeable bunch of guys, but I guess you already figured that out.

Great truck, not sure I like that body lift. Will you be keeping that ?

Regards Mark.

dunsbr
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dunsbr » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:40 pm

George Stojkos wrote:I notice in the second pic that you have two wallets sitting on the tunnel...........you`re gonna need both of them :D :D :D ......Nice truck!
ROTFLMAO George! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to see you made it home OK Dave.

I spoke to Travis the other night and he told me your ears were still ringing after the drive from Brisbane to Sydney. :roll:
They are a noisy old piece of kit in standard form, but with a bit of work, attention to detail and a pile of insulation they can be made quite acceptable.
George S was over in Melbourne the other weekend and I took him for a drive in mine with the 4 Speed & insullation package I did over Christmas and I had to keep telling him not to yell as I could hear him just fine. :D

Anyway, now the fun starts for you hey?
Good luck with the conversion & feel free to ask questions

Cheers
Brad Dunstan
RHD '87 M1026
(with 4L80E Trans, 242 T/case, 12K hubs, CTIS, A2 wiring, Air Con, A2 ebrake, 9k Winch,
Serpentine Belt Accessory Drive & Eaton e-lockers)

Ted Gates
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Ted Gates » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Welcome Dave,

Let me guess; one wallet for parts money & the other for the freight to get them to the island!

Nice truck & have fun with it!

btw-several parts sources are on this board so open up the first wallet here first!

ted

dave.au
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Post by dave.au » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:05 pm

I think i might need those two wallets, one of them was my friends who helped with the drive back home, he also now is looking at a humvee on monday, he seems to of got the bug after that drive :)

thanks for the comment on the house Dilvoy, it was just renovated, over here we call this style a Californian bungalow, im not sure why maybe this design came from Calif?

Mark m uk, Hi and thanks, as for the 2inch lift I think ill leave it for the time being and just concentrate on getting this truck on the road, im not sure why its got a 2inch lift though?

And Brad, my ears are still ringing when i go to sleep, i think i have hearing damage! i should of stopped off and got earmuffs or ear plugs, doing 50mph for 14 hours in it has really taught me a lesson, and travis came around with his hummer h1 and we went for a drive and you could speak to everyone in it, i was amazed!

Thanks Ted, but i was surprised with the freight, it was only $1000USD from GA to CA and $3000AUD ocean freight, i thought it was good for what it is. I guess i'm more glad about it not ending overboard!

Dave.
M998 87

mark m uk
Post by mark m uk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:15 am

Dave, that shipping sounds good, did you have to pay import duty on that ?

regards Mark

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”