Investigated leak today on missing transmisson fluid

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

ReconHumvee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Post by ReconHumvee » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:28 pm

ok, took it for a run for about 30 minutes, checked the fluid in the transmission, about 2 quarts low but that is after doing all the work and never getting it completely filled, so it is topped off, no visible leaks anywhere.... goood sign, got the vehicle nice and hot, but never went over 200 so the fan never came on. Also since I grounded it the some of the lights are brighter and I think the gauges are more stable. But you know I might be looking at it too closely, got my radio working and listened to the TV stations, and California Highway Patrol also uses the frequency on my Miltary radio?? Thanks again will give sit rep again when I get another day to run it around. Semper Fi

dunsbr
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dunsbr » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:09 am

Hey Recon,

Hows the truck running now?
Did the bypass do the trick?

Cheers
Brad Dunstan
RHD '87 M1026
(with 4L80E Trans, 242 T/case, 12K hubs, CTIS, A2 wiring, Air Con, A2 ebrake, 9k Winch,
Serpentine Belt Accessory Drive & Eaton e-lockers)

ReconHumvee
Post by ReconHumvee » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:29 am

Seems to be running great! No loss of fluid with the bypass, I really appreciate the help from everyone I will be giving it a run this weekend for the Petaluma Butter & Eggs Parade. Will post any results or other mods if they happen.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”