Have you ever displayed your MV at a Concours d’Elegance or other fancy car show? Salty jeep next to classic Packard? Ever notice which gets the most attention?
Well the promoters of the Marin Sonoma Concours d’Elegance are giving YOU your chance to experience this first-hand. MVs will be the featured supporting display this May 19-20. They want up to 75+ MVs!
Location is Marin Center, home of the Marin County Fair. We won’t be judged or be side-by-side with the classics. We have a high profile area just inside their admission gate between the Marin Veterans Memorial Auditorium and the large pond, with grass, trees, hardpan, even an island with land bridge we can use. Spectators will walk through our display to get to the car show and vendors.
In past years the supporting themes have been vintage commercial vehicles, travel trailers, hot rods, and car clubs. Now it’s our turn. One shot deal. No club affiliation required. Pass the word.
• RSVP please
• Camping Friday and Saturday. Location has changed lately so let me know if you are interested.Camping in the display area with restrictions.
• MV convoy to Joe Garbarino Military Museum for a private open house for Concours participants. Saturday TBA.See 9 U.S. tanks, big WW2 trucks, etc.
• A Nike Hercules missile will be in our display
• 25th Infantry Division Huey helo appearance likely
• Restaurants are close and Embassy Suites Hotel restaurant, bar is next door
• Sunday is the public event 0900-1600. Vehicles in place before 0845
• Living history units, militaria displays, tents, sandbagged gun emplacements, vintage uniforms welcome
• Amphibious MVs OK to be static in pond at the vintage wooden boat dock. Call for details. Jeep trailers in pond are authorized
• Army Motors
or Military Vehicles Magazine
article is planned
• $35 MV registration fee (discounted from $75 Concours fee). Includes 2 passes worth $20 each and a goodie bag. Extra MV $20 and includes 2 passes
• Benefit for Hospice by the Bay and Boys & Girls Clubs of Marin & Southern Sonoma Counties• Download MV registration form at http://marinsonomaconcours.org and return by MAY 10.
UPDATE - LATE REGISTRATION OK
MVs to be in original or field condition without unmilitary modifications such as civilian paint color, large tires, roll bar, etc. (not worried about going up a tire size on half ton Dodges). Salty vehicles OK as is safety equipment such as improved lights. 100 foot rule is a good guideline. This is a one shot deal for MVs so let’s show the car collectors who has the real fun and expose the public to our nation's history! Contact John Neuenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 415-306-3607, or Michael France at email@example.com