Petaluma Rules and Regulations

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Petaluma Rules and Regulations

Post by Chuck Lutz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 am

Is it possible to get a copy of what the rules and regs will be this year IN ADVANCE (like NOW) so we can sort out our visitors and parts picker-uppers as well as parking and the like? How many vehicle tags per site, how may wrist bands, how many MVs? Is there a "day rate" for visitors and where are they to park and is there a shuttle and how long between departures from that location to Checkpoint Charlie and back? (more than one coach?)

I know parking down below near the road will be an issue if we have heavy rains that turn it into a mud bog and they keep us out of there, but where are guys to park their trailers they carried jeeps in on?

Thanks MVCC for working on making our stay at the KOA something BOTH our club and the management can live with....I hope.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Kurt Lesser
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Petaluma Rules and Regulations

Post by Kurt Lesser » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Chuck, The KOA Petaluma rules are posted on their website for all to see: https://koa.com/campgrounds/san-francis ... formation/ For any additional information contact them directly.

The MVCC just asks you to follow the KOAs rules and doesn't place any additional requirements on you other than to make sure you contact JoAnn for reservations.

FROM MODERATOR: See rules and details on www.MVCCNews.net in the calendar area. New info is there as of 3/20/18.
Kurt Lesser
US Navy, 1969-1975
M996A1 Ambulance w/M101A3 Trailer
M274A2 Mule
M151A1 Mutt w/M416B1 Trailer
M890 Crew cab

Bill, Idaho
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Bill, Idaho » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 am

Can anyone in-the-know advise what specific changes have been made related to the concerns/complaints at last year's show there? After last year's show there were a couple of threads here regarding concerns about the issues at the show and a few suggestions on how to improve a few things, and as I recall the last I read was the California Club was going to work with the campgrounds in addressing some of those concerns. I don't think it was posted as to what actually ended up happening. If so, refer me to that thread and I can catch up there.

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 am

Kurt....maybe I missed it but I just checked the General Information page only...

I was more interested in things like this:
1) how may wristbands per space
2) how many tents/trucks/MVs per space
3) off-site parking location/map
4) where do visitors park, is there a parking lot charge?
5) is there a shuttle this year, is there a charge, how often does it run/hours of operation
6) is there a cost for visitors to come in
7) how do visitors who purchase something get it? Drive in, do we have to drive it out?
8) will we have the lower "swamp" as parking if the weather co-operates?

I know that what we were lucky enough for the MVCC to work out last year was an improvement, but paying to get in, the shuttle and no drive-ins came a surprise to me and those in our area....

I was hoping for a "One Page" to be posted on the MVCC site and here on the gee in the MVCC section so we can print it out and KNOW what to expect this year around. That would speed the check-ins, keep arguments at the front desk to a minimum and let guys make arrangements in ADVANCE with friends and family, etc. to visit us in camp. There were some interesting conversations at check-in last year while I waited in line and some in-happy campers and that wasted a LOT of time and created a long traffic jam on the access road in.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Chuck, there will be some info from Dave Ball in the newsletter that should arrive this week. I don't know what he has written, but I have been involved and know most of the answers. He is the person to reply here. I will tell him you posted a question. The plan is to publish all details for the masses this week including on www.MVCCNews.net in "Basic Training." I will update my forum thread on the Events forum, which is where I am focusing event news (not here). Also will update the thread on SteelSoldiers.com.

UPDATE 3/24/18: The post on the Events forum has some updates plus more photos. Check them out!

There are important updates on www.MVCCNews.net on the event page. Day visitors/commuters in particular should learn about changes in the offsite parking and the different and more flexible way to get to and from the campground. If you can drive your MV in you will be happy!
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Return to “MVCC”