Show'n Tell

Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon Club Forum.

Moderator: Steve Greenberg

RBBailey
G-Civilian
Show'n Tell

Post by RBBailey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello all, this is my first post, so I'll tell you a bit about me to start.

Almost 40, grew up loving military stuff of all kinds, but especially aircraft. The closest thing I have to a military vehicle is a fairly original 1965 Land Rover Series IIa 88". Looking to get it back on the road this Spring. I teach U.S. History over at Barlow High School in Gresham, which leads me to...

...I'm fishing for anyone from the club or otherwise who has a military vehicle who would like to show it off to my history class. I would LOVE to have any WWII era vehicle, but really, any vintage would be fine. There's nothing like hands-on, 3D, real life history. Very few of these kids have taken the time to really appreciate what it would mean to actually ride in, and fight in, one of these vehicles. Having a chance to see one in person would bring it home in a big way.

I don't know what you all have, or where you live, but if you are in the Portland/Gresham area, would you consider driving or trailering your vehicle out to Barlow for a few hours of viewing pleasure and a bit of Q&A time?

Let me know.

Also, I'm a fairly OK photographer on the side, and I would love to be able to take photos of your vehicles -- whether you come to the school or not! -- and I would be willing to trade a high quality print or two for your show and tell time at the school. If you can't make it to a live showing, would anyone be interested in posing for my camera someplace where there is a nice background to place your vehicle in?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhcmbailey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevep
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Show'n Tell

Post by stevep » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi,

I would be interested in bringing a vehicle out to your school for you one of these days. I livein oregon City so it wouldn't betoo far for me to bring something. PM me, with your e-mail address and I will getin touch with you and see what we can put together. might be ableto find youa fewmore vehicles to go out atthe same time.'

Take care,

Steve Preston
1942 Harley WLA
1942 Dodge WC56 command Car
1943 GMC CCKW
1944 M18 "HELLCAT" Tank Destroyer
1944 GMC DUKW
1952 Willys M38
1972 M274A5 "Mule"
1979 USMC M60A1 Battle Tank
1987 1026 HMMWV
1986 XM52 Mortar Carriage