Oregon DEQ exemption status...

Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon Club Forum.

Moderator: Steve Greenberg

edpdx
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Oregon DEQ exemption status...

Post by edpdx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 am

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding my 2 year old (to me) M1009 and my new registration I received from DMV. I bought my Blazer 2+ years ago from an Oregon dealer. At the time he said that the Blazer was DEQ exempt. He said he was filing some DMV paperwork to get the exempt status transferred or something?

It is all stock and and I would appreciate any info on this as my renewal form says I need a DEQ cert. I called DMV and the lady said that everyone get the "Cert required" blurb on their renewal. What should I be aware of regarding exemption status in case I hit a bureaucratic wall at DMV?

Thanks.

Does the "J code" in the VIN number have something to do with this?

M35A3
G-Civilian
Re: Oregon DEQ exemption status...

Post by M35A3 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:59 pm

I ran into the same thing today. I bought a M35A3 just over two months ago and need to transfer the title and either I pay a big over $500 a year for commercial tags or $81 for military collectors status if I join a club so I'm joining a club. Besides more people need to see these vehicles and then maybe we can save a few more from the scrap pile. Most people like these trucks as they are American history on wheels. It's kind of funny that for as heavy as they are they get better mileage than a lot of big pickup's do. Mine got 11mpg on the mountain grades from Ontario to Pendleton and 13 mpg from Pendleton to Portland. The truck has more guts from 0-50 mph than my 97 Dodge Cummins 12valve pickup. I'd rather have this truck than a new $50,000 pickup that's jacked up with big tires. At least a deuce won't break a driveline or get stuck as easy.

Return to “MVCCO”