Tower Park 2010....

Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon Club Forum.

Moderator: Steve Greenberg

DanMartin
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Tower Park 2010....

Post by DanMartin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Who is going to Tower Park/Camp Delta this year?

I'm going to try to make it, and would love to try to meet up and/or camp out with folks.

mamalesser
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: Tower Park 2010....

Post by mamalesser » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Dan, if you need a space at this years Camp Delta please let me know asap...we don't have many open sites. We do have dry camping available if you do not need electric or sewage hook-up. Our big days are Thurs, Fri, and Sat. If you want more info please see our web site at http://www.mvccnews.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. call if you want..408 238 8277 Jo-Ann Lesser
"First Lady"
Military Vehicle Collectors
of California

DanMartin
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by DanMartin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm going to call as soon as I know for sure I'll make it down there.....hopefully tomorrow.

Hook-ups will be nice, but I can dry camp in my RV if needed...no biggie either way.

Dan

mamalesser

Post by mamalesser » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 am

Great! Don't delay sites are getting short...Jo-Ann
"First Lady"
of California

DanMartin
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by DanMartin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks to Jo-Ann for getting me a few spots. Looks like I'll be there for sure! :)

I'll be in spots 113 and 114.

I'm planning on heading down Wed, staying Thursday-Sat, leaving Sat afternoon and driving back.

Anyone for a caravan?
Dan Martin
Hillsboro, OR
MVPA #31124
MVCCO #828

We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time
- T.S. Eliot

DanMartin
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by DanMartin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Here's pics:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc16 ... elta/2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sure was a fun time! Looking forward to next year!
Dan Martin
Hillsboro, OR
MVPA #31124
MVCCO #828

We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started
and know the place for the first time
- T.S. Eliot

Wolfen

Post by Wolfen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:45 am

Anyone need/want a Co-driver? I live in Woodburn Oregon, and would like to Attend. Unfortunately, my Truck doesn't get the Greatest Gas Mileage. I am willing to Contribute for Gas.

steve1973
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by steve1973 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:56 pm

I will be heading down on the 15th. It is my first time to Tower Park. It seems that things don't kick off till Wednesday, is that true? Also, how is day parking? I do not have any means for camping at this time. I will be commuting from Antioch as I have family there. Any recomendations? I plan on going to see Jacques Littlefield's Military Vehicle Collection on Saturday at the 1pm tour. It would be great to meat some of you while I'm there. Any halftrack owners out there? I have 3 M2A1's (unrestored) and one M10 ammo trailer (restored). I hope to find some parts there.
Steve A.
1941 White M2A1 (90% restored)
1945 M10 ammo trailer (restored)

mamalesser

Post by mamalesser » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:09 am

Happy to hear that you will be joing us for the day. mvccnews.net is the official web site for the club. Please go there and check under event for the April Camp Delta. There is parking information there. Wednesday is a big move in day with folks trickling in all day long. Thursday am everyone hits the ground running! Come early and stay late. We have a catered meal on Thursday night which usually cost about $!2. See you out there. Jo-Ann

also.....on this site go to the mvcc board and look at the interactive map. You will find motel info there.
"First Lady"
of California

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Steve you might want to let the SOMVCC know your proposal. And about the event, folks show up earlier than you might think. As soon as the OD iron hits the grass the trading begins! It's definately cooking by Wednesday. You took some darn good pictures last April and we hope you do the same at the Dodge and Staff Car displays this year plus at other things we have planned. Good MV photos without background clutter could get into some national magazine articles so send me anything good and I will make sure it gets to the right writer or editor.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

steve1973
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by steve1973 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Steve you might want to let the SOMVCC know your proposal. And about the event, folks show up earlier than you might think. As soon as the OD iron hits the grass the trading begins! It's definately cooking by Wednesday. You took some darn good pictures last April and we hope you do the same at the Dodge and Staff Car displays this year plus at other things we have planned.
John Neuenburg,
Where you referring to me? This will be my first time to Tower Park. I do not belong to SOMVCC and not sure what you ment by my proposal. Just a little confused. :? I can't wait for tower Park though. And yes, I will take lots of pictures. :wink: Anyhow, see you all there. :mrgreen:
Steve A.
1941 White M2A1 (90% restored)
1945 M10 ammo trailer (restored)

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:19 am

steve1973 wrote:
Steve you might want to let the SOMVCC know your proposal. And about the event, folks show up earlier than you might think. As soon as the OD iron hits the grass the trading begins! It's definately cooking by Wednesday. You took some darn good pictures last April and we hope you do the same at the Dodge and Staff Car displays this year plus at other things we have planned.
John Neuenburg,
Where you referring to me? This will be my first time to Tower Park. I do not belong to SOMVCC and not sure what you ment by my proposal. Just a little confused. :? I can't wait for tower Park though. And yes, I will take lots of pictures. :wink: Anyhow, see you all there. :mrgreen:
Steve A.
Sorry Steve, I got you mixed up with the other Oregonian, Wolfen, who was looking to share logistics on the way down.
Like Jo-Ann said, check out the event calendar listing on http://www.mvccnews.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and there is day-use parking info on the Basic Training page - new parking availability on the levee. Yes there are halftracks in the MVCC. Go over to the North Bay MVCC forum and look for Michael France. Try PM to reach him. He is active with one and also a M10 trailer.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

denubilo
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by denubilo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: FALL 2011 CAMP DELTA IHC Display

Tower Park 2011 All IHC display
They have no displays scheduled for the Fall Tower Park event.

Let’s get all the IHC’s together at 2 PM Friday on the grass field that was used as the LZ for the Huey.
Generate some placards for bragging rights, rub some of the mud off the tires and show them what we have!

I will be in site #304 making my M-2-4 as Pretty as I can.
Email me if you if you’re on!
denubilo@roadrunner.com
USMC 55-59
NRA Life Member
AMVETS Life Member
MVPA Member, MVCC Member
1943 IHC M-2-4 USMC, 1945 MB
Vickers MG (propane)
1839 Howitzer (repro),Civil War coehorn (repro)
And thanks to a whole lot of good people we made ALCAN12 !!!

Return to “MVCCO”