Memorial Day Event

Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon Club Forum.

Moderator: Steve Greenberg

ivanbartov
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Memorial Day Event

Post by ivanbartov » Mon May 11, 2009 4:08 pm

I should have some more detailed information shortly on a venue for a Memorial Day event in the Portland area for those interested. The organizers are associated with the Tea Party folks who held a big rally in Pioneer Square on Tax Day, so I believe they want to emphasize that veterans have fought and died to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and all that we derive from that. I'll pass on details as I get them. I plan to have the "Hun Huntin' Harley" there and be in WWII uniform and gear.
"Keep 'em rolling!"

John Barta, MSgt, USAF (Ret)
42 WLA ("Hun Huntin' Harley")
MVPA #31360
NRA Life Member

ivanbartov
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Memorial Day Event

Post by ivanbartov » Tue May 19, 2009 6:05 am

Thanks for being patient on the update, folks. The event is at Shute Park in Hillsboro from 3:00 p.m. till dusk on Memorial Day, May 25th. It's supposed to be low-key on the political side so as not to draw away from honoring those who've given all. I'll be giving a short talk (relaying a story about my father actually) later in the afternoon, but there will be much more dynamic speakers than me I'm certain, sharing similar stories from their families. At this time they plan to have any military vehicles that show up park as close to the picnic area as possible, but they're still looking into permits to allow parking right at the site if possible. They encourage uniforms, of course, if you want to wear one -- I'll be wearing my WWII stuff to help accent the Harley and tell its story. Come on out if other events or gatherings don't already have you committed.
"Keep 'em rolling!"

MVPA #31360
NRA Life Member

ivanbartov
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Memorial Day Event

Post by ivanbartov » Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 am

Here's a bit more accurate info about the event should anyone be interested. Apparently the park is not far off Highway 8. Contact details are below if you'd like to ask question of an event organizer. John Barta

Picnic Details:
Not in Vain
Join the Lake Oswego 9-12 project & The Oregon Tea Party for a fun filled and inspirational evening honoring our Veterans this Memorial Day! Show your support for the Constitution and those who uphold it! May 25th, 2009 Shute Park 900 SE Maple St, Hillsboro, 4:00-6:00pm: Picnic dinner 6:00 pm-dusk: Salute to America & Veterans rally Bring your own picnic or BBQ dinner, American flags, your US military flags, and positive ?signs? to share your message of freedom and love of country. Please remember this is a non-partisan event. We’d like to lay aside politics for the day, as we remember our American heroes. No alcohol allowed in the park.

Mark Taber
mark.taber62@gmail.com
Tualatin, OR
US
503-740-3388
IP Address:24.20.51.223
"Keep 'em rolling!"

MVPA #31360
NRA Life Member

Return to “MVCCO”