help valuing an M37 project please

Power Wagon truck forums, M37 etc.
Rick O
Police Corporal
Police Corporal

help valuing an M37 project please

Post by Rick O » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Please bear with me, I am a jeep guy and know nothing of M37s!

Our group wants to sell an M37 a member has and would like some advice on how much to value our project at.

The title states 1954, but a powerwagon forum using the VIN shows it to be a Dec 1953. We were told it was an M42 conversion? It has a winch.

The previous owner was a diesel mechanic and restored the engine. He started it up, drove it several miles home and continued on with the restoration until his death. We have not started the engine.

It appears he was working in stages, as the frame is done, along with the engine. The truck has brand new rubber, still with the paper on them. The wiring harness is installed but not hooked up. The rest of the truck, except for the shown side panel which looks like it will bend back nicely, looks to be in great shape and just needs cleaning up and repainting. It looks very complete, just disassembled. There were way to many small boxes to go through.

Today I sent up and took pictures of the truck and all the items that came with it. There is new canvass still in the boxes, many new and spare p[arts, lights, knobs, hinges etc along with cans of bolts labeled as to where they go.

Please look at my Photobucket album, and if willing, please let me know what a fair price would be for this project so I can bring it back to the group to decide on what do.

Apparently I cant put up a single picture unless I pay Photobucket $400

Thank you for your time.

Rick

http://s93.photobucket.com/user/opie5368/M37/story
1941 Slat Grill 106112 DoD 12-23-1941
1951 M100 trailer 01207732
1954 Dodge M37(M42)
1942 Dodge WC21 DoD 3-17-42

dpcd67
G-General
G-General

Re: help valuing an M37 project please

Post by dpcd67 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Yes PB wants 400 if you want to post the picture on a third party forum; fortunately, G503 will handle your pics here.
I have done a few M37s. First question; how much do they want for it? Second; look on the frame rail front left side and post the vehicle serial number here; that will tell the year. If it is not on the data plate on the dash.
M37s are by far, the most practical military vehicle to own and drive; problem is, everyone wants a jeep (I can't fathom why but I have 4 of them), so the prices are lower on M37s. Dodges are about 1000 times more practical than a jeep. You can tell by my handle, dpcd.
I have $ numbers in mind but tell me first, what is the opening price?
Winches alone are $1000.
U. S. Army 28 years.
Armor Branch

dpcd67
G-General
G-General

Re: help valuing an M37 project please

Post by dpcd67 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 pm

I looked at the pictures; that one is in super shape; won't take much to get those parts blasted and painted and put back together. Nice truck. Realize that most guys will not buy a truck parts kit (I will and have), so that lowers the price.
Just read your post; are you the one who is involved in buying it or selling it?
U. S. Army 28 years.
Armor Branch

Return to “Power Wagon Forums”