Need to get Chevy truck from MI to GA

Driving one way empty? Need something moved? Coordinating the movement of rolling stock & parts among gee members.
signsup
banned

Need to get Chevy truck from MI to GA

Post by signsup » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:09 am

Purchased a G506 Chevy 1 1/2 ton in the Detroit area and need to get it to the Atlanta area. No hurry, other than the weather in MI and a December 1 deadline to remove. Does not run, but intact and rolls. Manpower to assist with loading, but no equiptment on either end. Someone in our club mentioned Ray Patton, but I have no contact information for him.

Any leads or contacts appreciated. Purchased off eBay, but their shipping quote program hasn't generated any interested shippers.

Thanks in advance.

RB
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

retro-roco
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: Need to get Chevy truck from MI to GA

Post by retro-roco » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:22 am

Try the website "Steel Soldiers". They have a very active hauling forum, with most of the hauling done by members, and usually for aatttractive prices. I have also personally used "Cruisin' Chrome" to haul my G506 from Nebraska to Illinois. I connected with them via Uship.com Their service was outstanding! Good luck!
Kirk Gustafson
359th Infantry Regt. 90th Div. WWII HRS

1942 Chevy G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Cargo
1943 Ben Hur water trailer

signsup
banned

Re: Need to get Chevy truck from MI to GA

Post by signsup » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:08 pm

I am a member over there as well, so I will give it a post. Thank you for the thought. Turns out that transporting an 8,000 lb non-running truck is not as cheap or as easy as I had thought prior to purchase. Oh well, lesson learned. I did manage to get a hold of Ray Patton and he would do it, but you pay for the entire load unless it's just pot luck that he finds another vehicle to go along. $2.25 a mile. $1,500 from Detroit to Atlanta.

I'll give SS a try.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

Return to “Transportation”