Free seat for a GPW hood

Driving one way empty? Need something moved? Coordinating the movement of rolling stock & parts among gee members.
vilmarigpw
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Free seat for a GPW hood

Post by vilmarigpw » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 am

Hello!

I live in Mexico and am restoring a 1945 GPW, it has a CJ2A hood and don't want to cut it off the WILLYS logo, it's a sacrilege!

I bought a GPW hood which is located in Ore City, Tx, this is near Dallas,Tx.

I would need the help of someone who lives in any border city ( area of Laredo or McAllen), and is doing a road trip back home and is passing near Ore, City.

I would pick it up the hood in your home either you live in the area of McAllen or Laredo, just please tell me the cost.

Thank you,

Mario

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: Free seat for a GPW hood

Post by 70th Division » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:07 am

Hello Mario,
If you have not gotten your hood yet ......

The best way and most cost efficient way to get your hood would be to have the seller wrap it in cardboard, tape it up
take it to the Greyhound bus depot. ship it with Greyhound Bus Freight to the Bus Depot in Laredo or McAllen addressed to you.

It is not expensive, and the cheapest freight you can get. I shipped 2 hoods , 2 windshields, and a Dodge windshield, and they shipped it right to a local bus depot.
Size is a-ok for putting under the buses. Have the seller send you the Greyhound tracking number.

I think shipping would be $60 -$100 and Greyhound has a website to calculate the costs for you, just put it measurements and weight.

Ray

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: Free seat for a GPW hood

Post by 70th Division » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:53 am

Mario,

Here are some numbers for you for shipping from Ore City, Texas to Laredo, Texas on Greyhound Freight :

https://shipbybus.com/shipgreyhound/instant-quote/

https://shipbybus.com/shipgreyhound/ins ... t-service/

You can select cities if there are any closer to your location.

The hood weighs 25 lbs., I put in 30 lbs for some cardboard packing wrapped around it.
Greyhound may ship to Mexican cities as well at the border.
I do not know but you can take a look.

It looks like from Ore City, Texas bus station to Laredo, Texas Bus station the shipping is $ 75.46
You would have to get seller to drop it off there, and you would have to pick it up at the Laredo Greyhound bus station counter.
If the seller will do that for you, I usually send funds to the seller for shipping, and then just pick it up on my end.
But be sure to get a tracking number from Ore City !!
Their tracking is a little behind, and the package gets there before the tracking says it is there, but you can track it on their website as well.

Best of luck on your GPW restoration !!!!!

Best Regards,

Ray

Return to “Transportation”