Corpus Christi, TX to Winchester, VA twice

Driving one way empty? Need something moved? Coordinating the movement of rolling stock & parts among gee members.
CARNAC
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Corpus Christi, TX to Winchester, VA twice

Post by CARNAC » Tue May 30, 2017 10:07 am

I am in the process of moving from PA to Corpus. I am returning from Corpus sometime between Saturday and Monday (depends on how fast I can unload the moving trailer and get some things set up down there) and bringing it back to Winchester, VA vicinity. 22' box trailer and would want to keep it at less than 8000 pounds. Return trip will be sometime between Saturday earliest or Monday absolute latest departure from Corpus. Trailer is normally used for a race car so it has internal tiedowns that would work for a jeep, 1/4 ton and probably even a 101 trailer would fit. palletized loads if wrapped and single stack and you have a pallet jack for moving it around internally.

If someone has something they need moved from somewhere along that route AND can be flexible on the loading schedule, I am willing to move it for gas money and any gratuity. Probably going via Houston, NOLA bypass, I59 and then I81 general route.

I have a second trip planned for third week of June with a 24 foot x 92" wide open deck over but want to keep loads at under 8000 pounds. This trip might slide to the 4th week depending on my job.

CARNAC
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Corpus Christi, TX to Winchester, VA twice

Post by CARNAC » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Trip one is done. Trip 2 with the flat bed will leave from CCTX o/a 23 June. Although that is my return date, I need to know as soon as possible if anyone wants me to transport something so I can take the right gear with me.

Flyncoastie
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Flyncoastie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Welcome to Corpus. I am currently restoring a GPW. I've been here for about a year now and haven't met anyone into MV's yet.
Matthew Zackman
Active Duty USCG
1942 Ford GPW 33497
1942 Chevrolet K-51

CARNAC
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by CARNAC » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 am

Thanks. I will be going back and forth over the coming months as we wind down up in the northeast. This may take years depending on getting transferred here. Timing is everything and the wifes retirement home she had to have (as well as some family health matters that the warmer weather helps) meant a move a lot sooner than we expected. The MB will eventually get here. Would be great to do some school learning events.

vilmarigpw
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by vilmarigpw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi sir,

My name is Mario, I live in Mexico City and am restoring a 45 GPW that I found in a very rough condition some 3 years ago.

It is all original except for two things (CJ2A engine block and an cj2a hood)

I don't want to cut the engraved "wILLYS" logos off the hood, since it would lose his value.

I bought a GPW hood in ebay on June 7th, it is located in Ore City, Texas 232 miles north of Houston.

Since the seller gave one month to pick the hood, this is my proposal: Pick up the hood up in your trip to Winchester, VA on June 23rd then bring it down again in your trip back to Corpus Christi. Once you are in CCTX again, send me a PM and I take the car and drive up to CCTX and pick up the hood in your house. That way you would save me a lot time. A trip to CCTX is way easier than going to Ore, City.

Please, let me know your comments and gas cost , thank you very much!
I can bring you some good tequila ;)

Gracias!

Mario

CARNAC
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by CARNAC » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 am

Unfortunately all my southbound trips are loaded to the max. I'm only able to carry stuff back up. That may change in the near future but that will probably be a long time from now. My next trip is in august and combined with work. One MAJOR problem is I have an ADHD boss that can't make a decision and stick to it. Hopefully a new job and boss soon.

Return to “Transportation”